+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rent prices are all kinds of messed up. We pay 340pw for a very old 3bdr house about 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD... I dont think its worth that much, and I have seen places that are really nothin special even further out in pretty crappy suburbs for even more. We're in a sh!tty situation ATM too - DH now earns enough that we *could* pay mortgage repayments for a nice house in the same suburb, but it'll be at least 5-6 years before we can save enough money for a deposit. OR we could continue renting for the rest of our lives but live closer to the city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 2br house in Melbourne suburb and it costs us $260 each week. Would cost us a lot more to buy but when we can afford to we would still prefer to get our own.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our big 2bedder is $300p/w, we were doing the figures tonight and should we decide to move or need to we definately couldn't go over $350p/w. We could afford up to $400 but it's just not worth that risk. So we might be staying here for a while longer as it seems the market is around $450-500p/w here. To me thats almost a mortgage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just moved into a small 2bdr unit in Sydney for $400/week. That's what they start at, and go waaaay way up from there.

2 hours away, my 3bdr lovely house is getting $280/week. But it's in a hellhole, so I would never live there (again).

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was looking for my SIL who is a single mum, could not get one single thing under $400 a week where we are. And thats for a tiny 2 bedroom townhouse way out. Rent is crazy in some areas

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We've just had a rent increase from $380 to $430 per week that's for a 4x2 open plan living 1 yr old house an hour from the city, 25 min from the beach a stone throw to a main fwy. Our closest major Shopping center is 20min away. Airport (hubby fifos) is an hour away as well.

We have small shopping center and a nice public primary school and they are building a high school up the road. We like the area and plan on building here just ****y that we are basically paying the price of a mortgage for someone else's home. Not long and we will have enough for a deposit though!

I guess we are lucky to get rent assistance though and a bit more FTB than those that own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay 190 p/w on a 3 b/r , large block.

Average rent for a house like this now between 225-275 p/w

Nearest supermarket is woolies, about 10 minutes drive away.

Nearest beach - 4 hours
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $200 a week for 3 bed, 1 bathroom, huge fully fenced backyard. My friend owns it and is renting it to us super cheap. Most houses in our area that are the same are at least $380 a week

If she didn't rent it to me then I would still be living with my old housemates and have no room to myself and no privacy. Then DP moved in with me here so it made the rent even cheaper as its now split :-)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay 290 for a small 3 bed. I agree must be where you live

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking at $340 or more foro a 2 bedroom unit near Ryde area Sydney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast