+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    we rent.
    Dont want to buy in sydney right now..got really burnt in dublin with 3 properties.

I pay $980 a week.
    980 a week !!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well yeah, my *total household income* is less than $500/week and the houses are 15 years old or more. Mine is over 30 years old and riddled with asbestos lol. But it's (just) affordable, even with rates and insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup we pay 350 in rent but most places around here are 400pw +. We just can't get a deposit together while paying rent as well. We are trying but it will take years to get 10%

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay about $310 a week. Would love to have a mortgage (well would prefer to own outright haha). But got to get the deposit together first...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $380 pw for a 4 bed high set with granny flat under the house with quite a big backyard!! A lot of new houses have been going up latley and are around the $400-$450 mark but have next to no backyard but are huge houses!!
    I preferred to rent an older house with a decent size yard for the kids to play outside instead of being bought up on technology indoors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have an older house with average yard, fits a swing set, blow up pool, slide, sandpit and enough room to run or ride a bike. Like I said, I bought before the boom. It has been rough with crim neighbours, high crime area for 5 years,still pretty dodgy, but I thought renting would be cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $480 a week in Sydney. Can't get much cheaper for a 2 bedroom place unfortunately. Buying will still be many years off for us! I'm hoping we'll only be in the city for a couple more years. It's just hard with work plus DP is a muso so needs to be in the city a lot. But there's just no way we can keep paying this much rent, we'll never ever be able to get ahead. Unless we somehow fall into a deposit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and we have a 2 bedroom terrace house. 2 small bedrooms and a giant living room upstairs, then downstairs a dining room, kitchen and big bathroom/laundry. Then a tiny courtyard. There is a shop downstairs but it's empty at the moment which is great for us because we don't have to share the yard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    980 a week !!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I know its gross..

But it gets a lot..brick house end of cul de sac, pool, yard, 4 beds, study...2 lounge rooms and a rumpus..

so its kind of expected..but yes waaaay expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I have a special needs child so need to be near paed, gastro, speechie, OT, psych, physio, and loads of others. Otherwise I would need to take full days of to get her there and back. She also has school. Moving is not going to be possible for another decade minimum.