+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    My dad was head of neonatal at a major hospital ..he use to drive a 1970s blue VW Combi..all the docs had fancy cars and would always ask why he drove it.....he loved the car!!

He use to play the harmonica driving me to school..so embarrassed when we pulled up behind the school bus..now I look back and think god he is COOL!!!
    He IS cool! That's awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    He IS cool! That's awesome
    He also would wear a bow tie..and sometimes a fake nose ring...or lip ring..I love my dad!!..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tbh I don't care what car someone drives. I know a man in our old town who is a multi millionaire but lives in a crappy run down caravan and drives a rust bucket little buzz box that looks about 100 years old. He wears old stubby shorts, bare feet, ripped shirts and hasn't shaved in years. Goes to show you can't judge someone by their looks and possessions.

Just because someone drives a flash car doesn't mean anything (other then they have a good credit rating lol). That car might be sending them broke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It depends... not really on the car but the attitude of the owner. One family member of ours I would describe as comfortable. They buy new cars every year, it doesn't bother me. but they poke fun and make smart comments about the fact we have an older car

Then another family member has 2 incomes but they are big spenders and like to keep up with the joneses. They also constantly update but are in huge debt and also look down on us a bit.

So if someone owns an expensive car... meh. But if they are going to act like they are better than me just over some stupid car they are killing themselves to pay? well I can't stand those sort of people. A nice car doesn't make you a better, or worse person. Your attitude does however.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my car. It's an 11yo Camry. But I do envy my friend in her 6yo Navara, only because it goes places my Camry can only dream of

I don't think about value. My friend bought her Navara new and had things like tray lining, car seat anchor points, bullbar, toeball, spotties, other little extras and paid cash outright. I was there at the time. It was amusing. 2 girls in jeans and a t-shirt, thongs, and one says "what can you do me for a cash deal? I'll take it but want a blue one and don't want to wait more than a werk"

Another friend bought a 2010 Ford Falcon, no extras, paid cash (paid far, far less than Navara friend) and talks about her flash car. We no longer talk. Her car is no flasher than mine lol. I want a Hilux, and the Navara is closer than the Falcon and the Navara owner is nicer than the Falcon owner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, and I do think people who can't drive well yet have fancy cars are fools. I see them all the time. Usually middle-aged women or men, or young men, with fancy cars they've spent far too much on... yet seem to have no idea what the road rules are. I feel a bit "haha... love it if you crashed that thing!" smirk feeling when I see them... (not crash as is die, but you know, run into a fence and dent the car).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (09-07-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a car person...I don't think much of cars. I probably wouldn't notice either way.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't judge people by what they have/ don't have.

U could have the crappiest car on the road, but if u respect it and look after it that to me is more impressive than someone trashing about showing off in an expensive car.

I don't have a flash car, it's nice, it's newish, it's clean it's tidy and it does make me feel good driving it, that's why I bought it... Nothing to do with what anyone thinks of me in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't bat an eyelid at cars!

Our friends all have varying styles of cars, with most of them owning one or several 'luxury' cars... And they are drowning in the debt that they create!

My DP use to drive his boss's BMW's and Porsche's, so we don't really have the 'admire' thing of others since we have 'been there, done that' in a way, and know that they arn't all that people think they are.

We now have a 'nice' car, but I had never really thought about it except when a man walked up to me out of the blue and started saying how great it was.. But that is probably more due to the area we live in (no BMW's round this part of town!)

I think perhaps your friend thinks that because she may have aspired to have a 'nice' car because she holds owners of these cars on a pedestal?

Either way.. I think it depends on your journey through life as to how you view cars... I know alot of people who would view an old beat up Toyota AE86 as a DREAM car (more due to motor sport though lol)..