+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A little envious that they can drive a nice car .

If my friends drove nice cars I'd think, good on them! They can afford it due to saving, affording a loan, etc. If DH & I could afford a nicer car then we'd go out and get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same as a PP... I don't pay attention to cars... They just aren't on my radar. So I wouldn't care if a friend had a fancy one.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't judge people by their cars, as there can be numerous ways that one can end up driving a fancy vehicle.

They could be a car enthusiast in enormous debt, or the car may reflect that they earn good money, or they may have inherited the car, it could be a company vehicle...the list goes on!

DH is sometimes judged for driving a 'fancy' car by his blue collar co-workers. Some of them seem to think we must be rich. It's a luxury car, but it's a 1997 model vehicle and it cost us under 20K!

Let me tell you, we'd be a lot 'richer' without that car, the mechanical bills make me want to vomit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's strange that she said she feels funny when driving it to friends etc. I know you said she doesn't judge but it sounds like she is by thinking she is driving a better car than them. It's just a weird thing to say.

Me, it doesn't bother me. I have a family member who has a 2012 BMW. It's a nice car, sports model with a sunroof but its just a car. I feel just as comfortable in her car as I do in my car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just made her read all the comments to show it must be all in her head.
    I suppose she is judging because she does think her car is better than theirs as they have an old beat up car so i agree hers is better.. Not a mean thing to say cuz its just true.
    She just said again she maybe is reading into their looks or just being plain paranoid about it.. Now she wants to buy a new car which i think is nicer in features than the bmw!! Its just a badge to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother drives a 2010 BMW and I drive an Alfa Romeo both pretty expensive cars. We are not rich by any means but we saved to buy our cars. No finance owed on either of them. My DH and I just bought a brand new Jeep Patriot again no finance. I don't think it makes us pretentious or skinny to own luxurious newish cars. Just means we know how to save well and we feel we deserve the luxury =.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    skinny = snobby ... Damn autocorrect!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think much... Except as pp have said, if it was a Lamborghini or something!!! I just bought a nissan and am stoked with that!!

My bil has a $130k BMW... I think it's ugly and I'd much rather have thr money paid off my mortgage and buy a nice $30k car

Thanks
    Reviews
    If that's what they want to spend their money on that is their decision.

Personally, I'd rather spend it on other things, but it doesn't mean I would judge other choices though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad was head of neonatal at a major hospital ..he use to drive a 1970s blue VW Combi..all the docs had fancy cars and would always ask why he drove it.....he loved the car!!

He use to play the harmonica driving me to school..so embarrassed when we pulled up behind the school bus..now I look back and think god he is COOL!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

grumpysmurf  (09-07-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (10-07-2012)