+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't notice it really. Meh a car is a car. Some people like to spend lots on them, some don't. Some people really think they are a status symbol, which i find pretty sad.

We have a range rover (an older one, like 2002 or something) and we prob should upgrade to something newer, but never get round to it. DP is doing up an old 1970s holden surf wagon. If we got a beamer, it would likely just end up covered in dog fur, so there would be no point

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only thing that interests me about cars are the interior features so I don't really pay attention to what other cars look like on the road. I really want a van at the moment so if it's a van I might ogal it but other than meh they are just cars. Lord knows I prefer a car where I'm not stressing about the kids bashing it about dropping crumbs everywhere or other shoppers bashing my doors at the shops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We aren't car people but I do like our new car which is much nicer than our old one.

I really can't tell the difference between a bottom of the line car or a top line one in a range - with the obvious Maserati, Lamborghini exceptions. I know they are expensive even for a 'basic' one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Most of my dad's side of the family drive some kind of leather-seat-big-badge car, they're all very normal, simple people. I don't think anything at all about those kinds of cars.

In the past I've worked with a few bosses who claim they can't pay their employees and proceed to go down to the carpark and get in their ferrari. It bugs me when people complain that they can't afford things they are responsible for yet won't sell their precious 'baby' but that's another story.

A friend leaving a party to get into an older bmw I wouldn't even blink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love a pretty car..don't care who is driving it..also I don't think of BMW as the high end pricey etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think good luck to them and wonder how nice it would be to drive. Really doesn't phase me one way or the other but I too don't think of BMW as high end unless it's an "m" series.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mums olds neighbours son owned a lamborghini which we worked his entire life to save for (I think she said it was about 400k!?) I used to always think how uncomfortable and impractical it looked to be honest!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt i'd care, unless you are bragging.

A new landcruiser costs more than most BMW's. People don't realise that a lot of the BMW/Merc's ≠ more $$ than a commodore/landcruiser etc etc.

I will add... that If I see a ricer I assume small doodle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think anything at all.

Some of the more expensive cars are ones I like, and some I don't. I've owned a number of 'good' cars in my life, and I'm sure that there are some of those that people would love and some that people would hate.

People spend their money on whatever they choose, and I don't make any assumptions about them based on their cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nothing, i'm not a car person so i don't really give a toss.
    We have an expensive car (that DH bought before we had kids - it was a 'dream' of his) and we have got a bit of attitude from people about it when we first got it but not any more.
    Mostly people just think we have heaps of money because if it or that we are in huge debt - both are wrong, we own the car outright but are not rich at all.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 09-07-2012 at 12:14.