+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pelvis loosening

I am sure this must have a 'proper' name. With DS my pelvis loosened at about 20weeks I am only 7 weeks a the moment but my hips are starting to hurt! Could this be the start or is it way too early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, i think it happens earlier with every prg. It just hurts more and more as you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have this it started with dull ones at 7w and then again a few weeks later I only sort of noticed but I'm now 18w and all day I've had pains that make me very uncomfortable. I've been told some people just pay more attention to their bodies and feel it more then others. I'm sure it's nothing we are just "in tune"

I should mention its my first baby 6th pregnancy but yeah I had pains at 7w so I don't think it's too early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this the same as SPD (symphysis pubis disorder)? Where ur ligaments relax too much and so ur pelvis gets loose?

It does happen earlier, I had pains around 20ish weeks last pregnancy, this time I started feeling it by wk 12..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jo7 View Post
    Is this the same as SPD (symphysis pubis disorder)? Where ur ligaments relax too much and so ur pelvis gets loose?

It does happen earlier, I had pains around 20ish weeks last pregnancy, this time I started feeling it by wk 12..
    They never acctually called it that with me but I had to go to the physio and they gave me a bad to 'hold me together' LOL so i guess that is what it was.
    I am worried that it will start heaps earlyer also because DS is only 10 months so I havent really left myself much time for my body to be good again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is common to get some pelvic/back pain in very early pregnancy, it often settles down and another common flare time is around 20 weeks and then in third trimester. Have you reduced or changed your exercise patterns since finding out your are pregnant? That can also be a contributing factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i had this with my last pregnancy too and it was mild. i also had some after pregnancy when my son was about 1. we were still breastfeeding at the time. now i am 10 weeks with number 4 and it has started already. i am seeing a physio who specializes in womens physio and she is fantastic. a support band now will help.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I developed Symphasis Pubis Dysfunction at approximately 20 weeks. It was extremely bad and I required belts, weekly physio visits and DP had to help me do everyday tasks like get dressed/shower etc.

Apparently that once you develop it, you always have it and it will return with every pregnancy. My DD is 10 months old and I still have it to a degree where somedays I can't move my legs to get out of bed due to the pain.

I hope it stays at bay and doesnt get too bad for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i saw a really good physio yesterday for my pain. she is in greenslopes if you live in brisbane. pm me for her details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InSaneOne View Post
    i saw a really good physio yesterday for my pain. she is in greenslopes if you live in brisbane. pm me for her details.
    I think I met her at the baby expo
    I will definatly be going to see her LOL