+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dairy vs no dairy vs low fat dairy.. What do you do?

Ok while on the hunt for way to 'try' and improve egg quality I came across dairy..

Being a patient of sharkeys healing centre I was sent an article stating that women that make up just 5% of red meat and dairy (diet wise) had a much higher chance of conceiving..

Then I read ladies that use 'low fat' dairy are 85% chance of infertility due to not being able to ovulate..

Then I read women should drink heaps and heaps of full cream products for the proteins in it during a cycle..

And lastly I read that dairy makes it almost impossible for the embryo to implant..

It's so confusing... What's your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm.. I'm sorry you are having a hard time!

I had heard that there are chemicals in low fat and light milk that can hinder your a woman's ability to get pregnant. Nurofen was also something I was told to avoid (by my fs)

So, I used full cream milk, but I didn't drink much anyway. Only really in coffee.

Maybe ask your fs for advise on this, they should have some helpful tips.

All the best wishes to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessesgirl,
    I think for every article you can find in favour of something there is always one against! I agree with Melzey though, what I have been consistently told by naturopaths and read myself was to consume full fat dairy products only while TTC and in moderation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (08-07-2012)

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i read a book about fertility when we were ttc naturally and it said to drink full cream milk somethink to do with the cows hormones and in low fat milk the cows hormones are washed out so i drank a full cream milk shake from cd 1 all the way to af and i ovulated earlier ive dont have a proplem with ovulating and my cycles are regular i was just sick of having 32 day cycles now i have 28 day cycles in terms of full cream or low fat during implantion,egg quality or ivf i have no idea but i would think that if you drank ALOT then maybe researching into it alittle more but if you only consume small amounts like with coffee,tea then i wouldnt be to worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by b4us View Post
    i read a book about fertility when we were ttc naturally and it said to drink full cream milk somethink to do with the cows hormones and in low fat milk the cows hormones are washed out so i drank a full cream milk shake from cd 1 all the way to af and i ovulated earlier ive dont have a proplem with ovulating and my cycles are regular i was just sick of having 32 day cycles now i have 28 day cycles in terms of full cream or low fat during implantion,egg quality or ivf i have no idea but i would think that if you drank ALOT then maybe researching into it alittle more but if you only consume small amounts like with coffee,tea then i wouldnt be to worried
    This is what I tend to think too.. Well after reading mountains of info!

Big step for me to buy trim!! I'm a skim milk girl and always have been so trim is so creamy for me! Dh will be do happy now!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your replies melzey and starf1sh! I'm trying out trim for the moment and will go from there! Aghh!! Will have to work harder in the gym! Haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how creamy trim is!! Haha oats and milk tack on a whole new taste now!! Haha