+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't believe anyone in this day and age cares if someone else chooses to be tattooed and judges them for it. I have tattoos, I don't go around judging people who don't have them and hoping they won't be inspiring people for my children to interact with because, although they may be smart, funny and able to interact really well with kids, their skin is just... You know.... Plain....
    Judging anyone on the basis of their skin (adorned or not) leaves a bad taste in my mouth, personally.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012),kriista  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just for anyone who has any kind of Asian character tattoo- http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com.au/
    Bit off topic but it's amazing how many people have kanji or other characters that they think mean one think but actually mean another, or nothing at all!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

share a book  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Just for anyone who has any kind of Asian character tattoo- http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com.au/
    Bit off topic but it's amazing how many people have kanji or other characters that they think mean one think but actually mean another, or nothing at all!
    I know one friend had to get his removed. He thought he had "love" under his child's symbolic tattoo, but really, he had love done first then went in once he had designed the one for his child and was told it was funny he wanted this tat symbolising his daughter's birth above the word "penis"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I know one friend had to get his removed. He thought he had "love" under his child's symbolic tattoo, but really, he had love done first then went in once he had designed the one for his child and was told it was funny he wanted this tat symbolising his daughter's birth above the word "penis"
    Hahahahahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm gonna check it out !! Mine definately says crazy - I researched it a lot!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-07-2012),Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DF speaks Japanese so I had it on good authority that mine mean what they're meant to but I have heard tonnes of horror stories!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't bother me at all

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a childcare worker and personally I have no tatts and the only qualm I would have with others having tatts was if it was something not G rated for children.

I think its important to have a story or reason to get a tattoo and so when the children ask you about your tatt/s you can at least have a good reason to tell them why you got the tatt. But I would also make sure that the carer would advise the children that tatts aren't something to rush in and get any as soon as they are of legal age too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    I'm a childcare worker and personally I have no tatts and the only qualm I would have with others having tatts was if it was something not G rated for children.

I think its important to have a story or reason to get a tattoo and so when the children ask you about your tatt/s you can at least have a good reason to tell them why you got the tatt. But I would also make sure that the carer would advise the children that tatts aren't something to rush in and get any as soon as they are of legal age too
    I have two tatts that I got because I liked them. That's reason enough for me!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (09-07-2012)