+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't see it as being any different from people not wanting their kids to watch music videos with scantily clad people gyrating.
    ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    ???
    Yes i read her post. I read it to mean that some people have levels of acceptable norm for their families and she has hers. Big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks AB, I don't even have to post because you've hit the nail on the head. At least someone has mastered reading comprehension.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh wow That's not very nice,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Oh wow That's not very nice,
    Neither is misrepresenting my posts, making me look like bigot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    No one said that they are bad people. Blissed Out was just being honest that it's not what she wants for her children. As for meaningful, as she mentioned, her DP has tribal tattoos, you know, from his actual tribe. I would like to think that every person actually has meaningful tatts, but my experiences has shown they aren't. I would be disappointed if my son got tatts. I would like to think he can avoid following mass trends. Although I'm thinking by the time he's older it will have passed.
    I dont think it is mass trends I think its just acceptable now were it never used to be. And as for meaningful well you dont know what every persons tattoo means so you cant assume its not meaningful, just as i shouldnt assume her husband is just another moron with a tribal tattoo that means hes an idiot.. not that hes from an actual tribe.

My post however wasnt solely directed at blissed more of a thinking out loud type deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubbles View Post
    I dont think it is mass trends I think its just acceptable now were it never used to be. And as for meaningful well you dont know what every persons tattoo means so you cant assume its not meaningful, just as i shouldnt assume her husband is just another moron with a tribal tattoo that means hes an idiot.. not that hes from an actual tribe.

My post however wasnt solely directed at blissed more of a thinking out loud type deal
    Well I don't know where you live but in Melbourne it's a trend. It's so yawn worthy these days that I think people are more subversive if they have clean skin. And considering you are getting upset about judging others with tatts, it's a bit hypocritical of you to associate those with tribal tattoos as 'morons' don't you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would like to point out, that having people that you look up to who have tattoos does not make you run out and get tattoos. My dad had tattoos and I wouldn't get any.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012),MoonMoon  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quite a few of the ladies at DD's daycare have tattoos and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's only skin art. It doesn't make then any better or worse a person so who cares?

I have tattoos myself so I like them (and not all of them are meaningful. I like them as an art form in themselves).

I also don't mind if my girls end up getting tattooed or not. Up to them in the end. I won't try to influence them either way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakorsha For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'll just clarify here, as people do seem to be really confused about what I've said.

I don't think people with tattoos are bad people, I think permanently marking your skin is not a good thing.

I have lots of friends with tattoos. They're great people.

I just don't want my kids growing up thinking marking your skin permanently is a normal thing to do. I would hope if and when they get tattooed they would've put a lot of thought into the commitment they're about to make to that image. I don't want them to have a casual attitude towards it.
    I agree and I have tattoos I would remove in an instant. Meaningful maybe at 19, annoying and dated at 36. I will be doing my best to discourage my children from doing the same.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012)