+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a teacher and I have 3 but planning more. My kids last year loved it when they saw one (on the back of my neck when hair was up) lol I think it made me slightly more human to them! We used to have discussions about them in the staff room etc and loads of the teachers and aides had at least one. I really don't think it's an issue unless it is something offensive or unsuitable for children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they were inappropriate yes like pp have said racist, swearing, rude images etc I would
    I'm an early childhood teacher and have one on my wrist most of my preschoolers have seen it. More than half my work mates have tattoos as well most are on wrist, neck, feet and back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    By the time your kids are old enough to get tattoos they won't be kids anymore. And if you would be openly disappointed in them just because of the way they look that's a bit mean. What would you do if your kids told you they were gay?
    I'm not sure what the correlation between tattoos and sexuality is?

But to appease your curiosity, my childrens primary babysitters are a lesbian couple. As I've said in another thread I like my children to be surrounded by examples of loving relationships, irrespective of their sexuality.

If they told me they were gay then I'd be fine with that. Sexuality isn't a choice, tattoos are.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012),Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tattoo hate confuses me. It's a picture on your skin.. we're not sacrificing goats at midnight and praying to demons I just dont understand how someone who likes to have something meaningful put on their skin is a bad person

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babybubbles For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012),kriista  (09-07-2012),missybubble  (09-07-2012),Theophania  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubbles View Post
    Tattoo hate confuses me. It's a picture on your skin.. we're not sacrificing goats at midnight and praying to demons I just dont understand how someone who likes to have something meaningful put on their skin is a bad person
    I believe its from the stereotypical but very outdated belief that only bikies, druggies, murderers and criminals get tattoos... I get all sorts of looks when my tatts are showing...

I saw a picture on facebook recently of a dude with two full sleeves and a bald head.. in one photo he is just dressed casually.. in the photo next to it he is dressed as a dr... and the caption read "this 'delinquent' could save your life".. I would've clicked like on it thousands of times if I could

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012),kriista  (09-07-2012),VicPark  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubbles View Post
    No one said that they are bad people. Blissed Out was just being honest that it's not what she wants for her children. As for meaningful, as she mentioned, her DP has tribal tattoos, you know, from his actual tribe. I would like to think that every person actually has meaningful tatts, but my experiences has shown they aren't. I would be disappointed if my son got tatts. I would like to think he can avoid following mass trends. Although I'm thinking by the time he's older it will have passed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll just clarify here, as people do seem to be really confused about what I've said.

I don't think people with tattoos are bad people, I think permanently marking your skin is not a good thing.

I have lots of friends with tattoos. They're great people.

I just don't want my kids growing up thinking marking your skin permanently is a normal thing to do. I would hope if and when they get tattooed they would've put a lot of thought into the commitment they're about to make to that image. I don't want them to have a casual attitude towards it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    No one said that they are bad people. Blissed Out was just being honest that it's not what she wants for her children. As for meaningful, as she mentioned, her DP has tribal tattoos, you know, from his actual tribe. I would like to think that every person actually has meaningful tatts, but my experiences has shown they aren't. I would be disappointed if my son got tatts. I would like to think he can avoid following mass trends. Although I'm thinking by the time he's older it will have passed.
    But Blissed Out also likened it to letting kids watch disgusting, sexual film clips and taking drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    But Blissed Out also likened it to letting kids watch disgusting, sexual film clips and taking drugs?
    No she didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'm not sure what the correlation between tattoos and sexuality is?

But to appease your curiosity, my childrens primary babysitters are a lesbian couple. As I've said in another thread I like my children to be surrounded by examples of loving relationships, irrespective of their sexuality.

If they told me they were gay then I'd be fine with that. Sexuality isn't a choice, tattoos are.
    There is no correlation between sexuality and tattoo's. I was comparing them in the sense that neither have a direct bearing on whether a person is good or not (and hence it's ridiculous to judge people for it).