+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    Only if was titally inappropriate like this
    Attachment 24126

Lol I actually meant to write totally inappropriate but that was probably more fitting
    Wonder whether that's a spelling mistake or not? Wouldn't be happy if it was.

Most of the staff at DS kindy have tattoos & it doesn't worry me. None of them are offensive- if the kids could see naked ladies or swear words or something else of a similar tone I'd probably expect it to be covered up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummysYellowCar For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If Muslim women with headscarves can work in childcare so can people with non offensive tatts.

(my point being it has no bearing on a persons moral standing and ability to care for kids. People that have a problem with it should get over their own bigotry).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (08-07-2012),kriista  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Same answer as the other thread - I have no issues at all. TBH I can't think of any job where I would find tatts innapropriate. Although it would depend on the tatts - something like the one above is not great!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    I know I'm going to get it for this BUT..

Personally I think if you raise your children with good ideals then they are not going to judge what people have on their skin and rather know people for their personality.

I come from a family where my mother is dead set against tattooing mostly on women....
    My two sisters and I are all tattooed.

After all it's your child's decision whether they will be tattooed or not and I'm sure their child care teacher isn't going to be the one to inspire them.
    Lol, well I'm going to get it for this...

There are lots of things I don't want my children to accept as things that are okay to do to themselves, I consider permanently marking the body to not be okay to do. We also don't drink, smoke or do drugs and my children aren't exposed to these things by their major role models, but they see plenty of it in the world and for us it's fine for other people to do, I just don't want the people my children look up to most to have a different set of standards from us, for as long as I can influence who these role models are.

If my kids get tattoos I'll be disappointed, but it's not the end of the world and I'll certainly not hold it against them.

I don't see it as being any different from people not wanting their kids to watch music videos with scantily clad people gyrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have no problem at all with them I don't have any and have no desire to get one but do not have any problems with others choice to get them. DS's kindy had a lot of works who had tatts & they all had to be covered up & were not allowed to show the kids which a lot of us parents thought was excessive as so many of the parents/aunts/uncles/older siblings/cousins have them for the children to see every day. Be prepared to maybe having to cover them up but don't let that stop you getting them done

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

If my kids get tattoos I'll be disappointed, but it's not the end of the world and I'll certainly not hold it against them.
    My parents were the same. When I got my first one, they were very clearly disappointed. When I showed them my latest one, I spent half an hour answering their questions about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    My parents were the same. When I got my first one, they were very clearly disappointed. When I showed them my latest one, I spent half an hour answering their questions about it!
    My dd's God Mother had two done at 28 to 30 and the 23yo brother just got one. When the 17 and 22yo siblings visited, they were told no tattoos, the 22yo went home with one lol. The 35yo, 33yo, 17yo and 15yo don't have one, but I think the 17yo will. The others like to shock lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no problem with it and I notice the older generation practice is to not allow tattoos, however as time goes on employers are catching up with the times and becoming more accepting of tattoos and piercings. If I was a manager/employer Id say go for it, its how they do their job that counts not what they look like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddlybigbear View Post
    I have no problem with it and I notice the older generation practice is to not allow tattoos, however as time goes on employers are catching up with the times and becoming more accepting of tattoos and piercings. If I was a manager/employer Id say go for it, its how they do their job that counts not what they look like
    I think you'll find many businesses have a blanket ban on visible tattoos, it's much easier to police than having to decide which tattoos are and are not offensive.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So much money to be made in tat removal in the future....invest invest!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast