+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    I guess ABA hadnt crossed my mind at all. Its probably a horrible sterotype but for some reason I have always thought women in the ABA are the really 'gung ho breast feed at all costs' type of women and I suppose I have been a bit frightend? of contacting them.

I will check out the website and work up the nerve
    That hasn't been my experience, just a nice group of mums

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laksa For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by drewid View Post
    I say be proud and continue to do it if that's what you want to do. And instead of feeling like there are no role models around you, consider YOURSELF to be a role model for the mums/mums to be around you!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    I understand how you feel - I also have big breasts and just weaned DS at 16 months - I was planning on going to at least 2 but got pregnant and couldn't bear it anymore.

From 8 months all I got was questions on when I was planning on weaning and worried concern that I might be one of "those women" feeding their 3 year old (FFS!!)

Maybe think of all the women on bubhub who feed their toddlers, perhaps hang out in the breastfeeding section a bit? Know that you are definitely not odd for BFing and you are helping change people's perceptions.

A friend of mine who FF her first because BFing was "not natural" () us determinedly BFing her second baby and I'm pretty sure that me BFing DS past 1 year around her and talking about how easy and convenient it is, lovely snuggling and feeding in bed, has helped change her perceptions. So by BFing your DD you are doing a great thing and making BFing a toddler a normal thing in society.
    And your right as well.....my SIL wants to have another (the one that didnt BF her second as FF seemed easier) and she wants to BF this time. So if I can be a role model for her that has to be a good thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laksa View Post
    That hasn't been my experience, just a nice group of mums
    Thanks Laksa! Will definitely look into it....my and my silly stereotypes!

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I joined ABA and it was awesome. The thing that I loved most was there magazine that they send out, it was like connecting to breastfeeding mums without having to go anywhere!

I weaned DD at 8 months when I returned to work. I desperately tried to keep pumping etc but as soon as I supped with formula it was all over for me. Keep going hun, you're doing awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Box Hill so I'm not super close but not super far away either, if you'd like to come over this way or meet half way I'd be more than happy to put my grumpy face on anyone giving you schtick.

Doncaster shoppingtown has always been GREAT for BFing for me. I had a woman high five me, and another one say she was proud of me. Felt so so nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leens View Post

Doncaster shoppingtown has always been GREAT for BFing for me. I had a woman high five me, and another one say she was proud of me. Felt so so nice.
    Yep that's one awesome place. I was feeding my 14mth old there last oct in the food court and I got heaps of smiles from a whole bunch of ppl