+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    What do they do to do a fetal fibronectin test? I just had an appointment this week, and for the first time everything was normal, so we did not even do the normal cervical check,3 days later I go and act up again
    It's like a pap smear. They take a swap and it reacts if you have any traces of fetal fibronectin present. If you do test positive, it's about 90% that you will go into labour in the next two weeks (i think). I had a positive test with dd1 at 31 weeks and had her that day and had a positive with dd2 at 33+4 and had her at 36..

My 2nd labour was 45 mjns and my 3rd was about 30 mins and DS was born in the ambulance so I understand your stress :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    when I couldn't talk through contractions with my first two, that was real labour, my first was born on his due date Ann's my. second four days over. I'm booked for a csection though on Thursday due the previous shoulder dystocia and my last bub was 8lb14oz and they think this bub will be bigger. if ever your in doubt though always call your hospital and go in for a check up, better safe then sorry I think

Sent from my Racer using BubHub
    Good luck for thursday! I all ready struggle to talk when having a contraction it is ike the whole world has to stop until it is over lol but i am able to speak, i dont think much will stop me from talking. Reading your posts i dont think i am actualy in labour but I do think i may be approaching it. I will phone the hospital just for some info, just seems like they are to scared to make a mistake and make you go in anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    It's like a pap smear. They take a swap and it reacts if you have any traces of fetal fibronectin present. If you do test positive, it's about 90% that you will go into labour in the next two weeks (i think). I had a positive test with dd1 at 31 weeks and had her that day and had a positive with dd2 at 33+4 and had her at 36..

My 2nd labour was 45 mjns and my 3rd was about 30 mins and DS was born in the ambulance so I understand your stress :-(
    I also have a preemie, 35 weeker. I understand the anxiety all to well. Ok, definately phoning hospital and when i have those comtractions that are regular i shall be waking the family... Have no clue what to do if baby comes out and i am not at the hospital...not a clue...i am sure my body will do the pushing thing all on its own but what the heck do you do with a brand new preemie and the cord?! I have no clue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a plan!

Just keep a phone nearby in case something happens quickly, also have some clean dry towels and a blanket together somewhere so you can direct hubby or a child to get them if needed.

Midwife advised me to just make sure if bub does arrive, keep the baby warm (with the towels) and yourself (blanket) and to leave the cord until ambulance arrives, and if they're not breathing clearly to try and clear the airways.
    If someone else is there they should be on the phone to the ambulance the whole time and if you are alone, call as soon as you are able to. Even if you can't talk you should call (preferably from a home phone so they get the address automatically) and leave the line open so they can hear that you need help.

Good luck if you do go in. Hopefully you can get an answer either way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to MW yesterday. she said the test is only if I am threatening premlabour, as it is very exspensive. She said no need to come in since everything subsided but no playing around with those contractions. She says if they are regular or have a show I have to come in immediately...now I ask you with tears in my big blue eyes....how often do I have to make that freaking trip?!