+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buffet Restaurant

I'm now 33 weeks and absolutely desperate to eat at my favorite restaurant which is a higher quality version of Sizzler. It has roast meats and drummets and things, as well as all the salads and deserts.

I know it's all in food handling practices, but I am just so badly craving this place. Would you risk it or keep holding out?

It's been so long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're so close to the end of your pregnancy. I wouldn't risk it. But if you're really craving it maybe have a chat to your midwife/ob and get there advice.

Sounds very yummy though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm REALLY relaxed this time round and I say no - unless you stuck to hot food only (properly hot, which probably wouldn't be at a buffet anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys :-] the common sense side of my brain (naturally the opposite to the stomach side) says that too

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    what restuarant is it? have you eaten there alot in teh past and never got sick?

if I trusted the place through high exposure without issue in the past then I would maybe consider it? You can make safer choices (skip the seafood, dodgy looking salads) stick to the roasts and super hot good. Go at the beginning of service adn make sure you eat only the food that you are seeing them put out fresh adn super hot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with buttoneska

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah Im a bit of a nervous nelly so I probably wouldnt. I guess just think its not too much longer and you can go there and eat all you like (just with a pram in tow)
    But again like the others have said just check with your caregiver and see what they say xoxoxo

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a buffet restaurant when I was around 26 weeks pregnant; it was for a relatives birthday dinner. The place is very well known and I think we paid about $80 per head, so not like an all you can eat dodgy joint. But I was still very careful. The place has a Bavarian/German theme.. lots of meats, (roast and cold cuts) stews, sausages, salads and a huge dessert bar. I didn't touch any salads (there was colseslaw, potato & egg salad etc). I went for the hot roast meat which was carved straight onto my plate, hot roast vegies, crumbed chicken.. just basically steered clear of anything that could pose a risk, even though the place was an upper class type venue. I didn't have any of desserts either, no mousse (raw egg), instead I had fresh piklets which were made then and there on a big hotplate.
    As long as you're smart about it and the food is piping hot, you'll be fine.
    Having said that, I ate at cheaper, all you can eat place before I knew I was pregnant... I ate pieces of sushi, luke warm roast meat... just pretty bad fare to be honest (I was very hungover at the time, lol.. which is another story ) and had a bit of a panic when I discovered I was pregnant a couple days later! But, I was absolutely (luckily) fine then as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I'm gunna give it a miss. Not long to go hehehe, and I will feel guilty until she is born if I take the risk!

Thanks for your advice!!

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar dilemma...my family want to go to a buffet at the local bowlo for Mum's 70th. My bro has 5 "kids" ranging from 20-almost 14 and they eat heaps. My dad is thinking it will keep costs down.

At 14 weeks I am wondering what I am going to do...

Hang on..I think I just hijacked a thread