+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Being honest, it 'might' bother me (tattoos in general, not pic specific)

If you were full of confidence and presented yourself well, the tatts would not bother me.

If you were moody or showed any sort of aggression, then it would add to me feeling intimidated by you.

If you seemed incompetent (perhaps even while training), it would add to my negative thought of you.

(FYI, 'You' should really mean - 'Nurse with tatts'

So that's my honest thoughts. I would think most people would be similar (their opinion depends on the circumstance).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If someone was hiring a person..both equally as good..capable..friendly etc..one had tatts ..one didn't ..who would they hire I wonder..

I would guess for nursing (especially for aged care)..the one without tats..

just a thought...for me no issue (unless racist ..sexy ..bogan)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No problemo, especially that sweet little design

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It depends, there are so many different looks you know? I would have no problem with most tatoos, but if someone had a thorax tat of a spider web, then yeah - I'd probably think it was very unprofessional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a prob for me also with what you are getting if your employer did have an issue with it you could cover it with a watch or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the idea of invisible ink tats. They are only visible in black light. It would eb the only form of tattoo that I would consider having done for myself.

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate all your feedback. I think I will still go get it soon but make sure at interviews etc I cover it.

The tattoo represents the bubs we have lost and how they left a lasting foot print on our hearts.

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Nope.

The nurse who helped with DD had her hands done, from fingers to wrist, in beautiful classical roses. It made me feel more at ease because I'm very heavily inked, and I felt like we had more in common, so I relaxed a lot more with her than with the other nurse.

When they put the iv in she held my hand {I have a phobia of needles...yes, really} and concentrating on the minute detail totally distracted me.
    I remember she had this tiny, no bigger than half a matchstick, caterpillar hiding behind one of the roses. It was lovely.

Turns out we had the same artist
    That sounds very cool! And I have a needle phobia as well. Even as a nurse and having a chronic condition (counted my needles the other day and in the last 7 weeks I have had over 80 needles!!), I struggle to get through iv insertions and IMs without tear or a panic attack

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are going for a public hospital grad program and you felt that you were judged based on your tattoos or appearance then you would have a massive right to contest the decision based on equal opportunity. Public hospital interview panels are required to prove there decisions based on skill and merit and not looks.
    In saying all that I love your design and I personally can't see how anyone would have a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By no means would I personally care,
    But I find in this day and age you will always be judged by some one regardless which is sad but that's life, it's up to you how you take people reacting to it, it just something you need to keep in mind.

I would wait until you are settled into working and feel you will be there for a while, as for job interviews you could be interviewed by a real prune of a person.

Lately a lot of government jobs are now trying to enforce a no visible tattoo policy, not sure how lucky they will be with it but just keep it in mind

By the way the design is very cute!