Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    If DH is going to run in and get a couple of things while I wait in the car we don't.
    Well, I would hope not. You don't need one at all in this situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 13 months between my 2. When DD2 was a baby I used to lug both into Coles and dump them in a trolley to do my monthly shop (I didn't want to go thru the ordeal of getting in and out more often) sadly I can never get a parents with prams park but our local Coles manager noticed me struggling and gave me the store ph number. Until I could safely get both kids in I would park over the back of the car park and a trolley boy would bring me a trolley. Now with a 2 and 1 year old I don't even bother to get one. I just park further away and walk along the street so I'm not crossing right in front of Coles with a 2 year old who likes to run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    There are some really nasty posts here just in response to somebody saying they would like others to follow the (admittedly, unenforceable) shopping centre rules.

It doesn't matter what the shopping centre's commercial motivation is for the parks, they have been designated for parents of young children. It's rude and lacks empathy to park there if you do not fall into that category, or have some other genuine need.
    You know what I think is rude and lacking empathy...people who get cranky with seniors/the elderly for parking in them because they *appear* to be able bodied, or people who inspect the cars that are in them and leave ridiculous notes on the car like they are some kind of parking inspector god, or the best yet...telling someone on a forum that they hope karma bites them in the butt!
    I've seen a woman stop her car in the middle of the car park, left her baby in it and got out to absolutely abuse the crap out of a couple who had to be at least 80 because they parked in a PWP park and didn't have the right to be there. Far out, are you f@rking serious?

(a general statement, not aimed at anyone in particular)
    Perhaps they should just change them all to 'if you have some kind of condition that prevents you from being able to walk 50m through a car park' parks. A forum full of mothers and mothers can't even agree on who should use them...if you have a pram or a trolley...and then who is more deserving...the mother with one newborn, or the mother with 2,3,4,5,6 kids? What if the mother has twins, or a child with special needs, or they have some kind of injury etc.

FTR the only time I park in a pwp car park without my kids is at peak shopping times (Christmas etc.) and there is literally no other park. I'm not driving around for another 10 minutes...seniors and disabled parks I will not park in. Also the pwp parks here are normal sized car parks, they are not wider to fit in a pram up the side. If people think I'm rude or lacking empathy and approached me about it or left a note on my car I would think they need to find better things to worry about really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At the end of the day it is just a parking spot. And you might get lucky and get one. You might not. Bur not getting a parking spot does not give anyone permission to become the local parking inspector huffing ane puffing about who took THEIR spot. Seriously I have an almost 3 year old and an 18 month old. I don't always get a pwp spot, sometimes I park quite far away, and that means getting DS out and putting him in the pram and then having DD hold onto the handles while we walk to the shops entrance.

Or carrying them both, which I've done.

As their parent their safety is my responsibilty not the shopping centres. We are not disabled. We can walk. Being a mother is not some special privledge.

How do we think our mothers coped without the pwp? How did the human race survive?

Seriously, total first world problem.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Areca  (09-07-2012),CMF  (09-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012),lovesushi  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, I was just going to say we all survived without them when we were growing up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow first time i feel happy that we don't live inner city. There are pwp parking in shopping centres here but normal lots are big enough tn take the child out easily, not that hard to find a spot near the entrance too. I would be too terrified to use pwp parking knowing some people are observing to judge if i'm eligible to park there!

Sent from my U20i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If ur a parent and theres one free- great park there, if not - move on. I would never have a go at someone without kids for parking there but they are designated for certain people so in general its just common courtesy. I am surprised people are being nasty in this thread. Theres no need

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    And if they arent entitled to a disability ticket?

Where i live disabled parks are fineable , pwp are not.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I'm sorry you're having a rough trot but if you can't get a disabled ticket them doesn't that mean someone somewhere thinks you don't need one? That you can walk a few extra minutes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rarely feel the need to use one. I dont struggle to get DS in and out of his carseat and with the pram coming out of the boot, dont need the extra space on the side. I will only use one if everywhere else is completely full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    *puts hand up* Me!! I do this!

For this reason-

and, because I think it's safer for us to park closer rather than to traipse through a carpark with 3 kids, one of whom has no road sense as yet.
    At least with a pram you have control of it, with young kids on foot, they are more unpredictable.
    I'm confused. If you have school aged kids, shouldn't they be old enough to be taught/know road safety?

If school aged kids cant be trusted/controlled in dangerous situations then perhaps the kids shouldnt be taken out in those situations? (pwp spots in a carpark wouldnt prevent all accidents). Online shopping only cots $7.

If your kid is a toddler different story and I don't think you fit into the "parents with school aged kids using pwp spots tick me off" that the previous poster mentioned.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (09-07-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast