Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i tend to think of the pwp spaces as more 'parents with babies'. i stopped using them when my son began walking and will do the same again with my baby girl.

most of the time i don't even bother and just park in a normal spot. i do hate it when i see normal, healthy young people park there but i don't see anything wrong with elderly people or people obviously sick etc. (eg. on crutches).

i DO wish that they would structure carparks with a small footpath up the centre where the two rows of cars meet so people don't have to walk behind cars in the driving lane. but then they wouldn't be able to fit as many spaces in

the only time i have ever said something to someone was when they parked in the disabled spot. i just think that is a really selfish, %$*# thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    My first issue would be why aren't you entitled to a disability park??? Do u park in them anyway sounds like you have terrible health issues to deal with. I would be harrassing my doc for the paperwork!

You don't have to be on disability from clink to have a tag

If every designated disabled spot is unavailable then I have nonissue with a car displaying a disable sticker being in the pwp spots.

At out local shops have seen cars displaying sticker park in pwp spots despite disabled spots empty right next to them ... Pwp spots closer to the chemist entrance ... The driver staying in the car and the passenger going inside ...
    I dont currently drive,
    I meant I do not Qualify as "disabled", I spoke to doctors about it when pregnant with ds as I could feel myself loosing more and more hip movability,

The only solution to my hip problem is a total hip replacement which I really dont want at 25 so Idont see the point in seeing the doctors again about it,

my hydrocephalus (which is the reason for my shunt and reservour) does not affect my ability to function properly as I have not had a problem in 24 years,

I think elderly people often suffer with serious health problems but do not often qualify for the disability bonuses so to be ****ed that an old person took the pwp park is ridiculous,

if your child is that out of control they get hit by a car then a) the person should not have been driving that fast b) YOU the parent should seriously have considered using some form of restraining device

And if the mother is so tired that she has been hit by a car after parking well she really should NOT be driving if she is that out of it she gets hit by a car walking

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't drive. So if I go to a car park ds and I are with at least 1 other adult.
    We parked in one once and I watch a lady with 4 under 5 try to get the shopping and kids across the carpark.
    We have never used them again. I don't care who uses them as long as they have children, in my local shopping centre the only differance is a blue light and a tiny sign so it would be easy to not know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
    And if the tearaway child with ASD, or the pram that can't be parked safely, or the exhausted mother of twins get hit by a car in that carpark when you have taken the pwp park without your kids in tow, I hope that karma comes back to bite you.
    Honestly, if things are that bad they really shouldn't be at the shopping centre. Really, if their life is at risk by not getting a pwp, then perhaps online shopping, or visiting a smaller group of shops might be in order. I would suggest absolutely not driving if the mother is so tired she can't even park properly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There are some really nasty posts here just in response to somebody saying they would like others to follow the (admittedly, unenforceable) shopping centre rules.

It doesn't matter what the shopping centre's commercial motivation is for the parks, they have been designated for parents of young children. It's rude and lacks empathy to park there if you do not fall into that category, or have some other genuine need.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

AshleighMaree  (09-07-2012),austmum  (08-07-2012),Melzey  (09-07-2012),Mod-Degrassi  (09-07-2012),MrJones&Me  (09-07-2012),patsmum  (09-07-2012),Sarelou  (09-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (09-07-2012),smallpotatoes  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    There are some really nasty posts here just in response to somebody saying they would like others to follow the (admittedly, unenforceable) shopping centre rules.

It doesn't matter what the shopping centre's commercial motivation is for the parks, they have been designated for parents of young children. It's rude and lacks empathy to park there if you do not fall into that category, or have some other genuine need.
    Couldn't have said it better!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dp and I had this convo tonight. We do, even when we don't use the pram as it gives you better room to get bubs in the car seat. There has been times when we have had to reverse the car in a normal spot just to get DD into the car!.

I hate the people who misuse the spots. Like this bloke I watched pull into two spots! He clearly couldn't tell the lines on the parking spot. And just jumped out. Blocking that entire section of parking.

We couldn't park close and had to take this really tight spot. I just wanted to yell at him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post

It peeves me off when people with school aged kids and no baby in sight, use them!
    *puts hand up* Me!! I do this!

For this reason-

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Being that they're not a legal park you can use it whenever you like.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    and, because I think it's safer for us to park closer rather than to traipse through a carpark with 3 kids, one of whom has no road sense as yet.
    At least with a pram you have control of it, with young kids on foot, they are more unpredictable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one year old twins and a big mack daddy side by side pram for them... Doin the in and out of the car is always trying... So you think I would love the pram parks... But no, I don't agree with them... I think if there is room for a pram park up close, they should have another disabled park instead... For the people who really need to be close.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamDestructo For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If DH is going to run in and get a couple of things while I wait in the car we don't.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast