Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only use them if I'm going to push DS in the pram. I'm a stickler for rules! I don't actively seek out those spots, I think there are only two of them at our local shopping centre.

Maybe if I had more than one child I'd be keener to use those spots.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Eko  (08-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooops, double post!
    Last edited by Eko; 08-07-2012 at 17:52.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So my three year old, who's perfectly capable of walking and no longer uses a pram, gives me the right to take a closer, wider bay away from someone who happens to have twins in a double pram simply because I have a pram WITH me in the boot? Even if I'm not using it, and have no intention of doing so?

Does the sign honestly have to say "Parents with small children who have in their possession at the current time and are using a pram to transport their child within THIS shopping center whilst shopping on THIS trip"? for people to stop thinking only of themselves and the precious 3 minutes further they might have to walk if they don't take that park near the front door?

Honestly, it doesn't impact my life that much. The majority of times I went out with DS when he was little he was in a carrier and I didn't worry about whether those parks were available. But after the amount of times I've seen stressed and distracted parents who couldn't get their children safely into a pram ie. Having to have the pram at the rear of the vehicle, in the path of traffic because there wasn't room next to the car... Well. It's not very fair, is it?

Edit to add: That sounds really narky, I don't mean to seem snappy! It's just something that really frustrates me *chuckle*.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (08-07-2012),maybee baybee  (08-07-2012),withloveandlimits  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I only use them if I'm going to push DS in the pram. I'm a stickler for rules! I don't actively seek out those spots, I think there are only two of them at our local shopping centre.

Maybe if I had more than one child I'd be keener to use those spots.
    This ideas well. I only use if I'm going to pop her in the pram. If I'm using one of my carriers or wraps I don't use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The itensity of people's feelings towards this topic never ceases to amaze me, lol!

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (08-07-2012),Annabella  (08-07-2012),Glover  (08-07-2012),headoverfeet  (08-07-2012),Lillynix  (08-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2012),Maybelline  (09-07-2012),MinkyJ  (08-08-2012),NancyBlackett  (08-07-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (08-07-2012),RobinSparkles  (08-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    The itensity of people's feelings towards this topic never ceases to amaze me, lol!
    Oh yeah. I've seen threads on this topic turn really nasty.
    *settles in*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use them even if using a carrier or trolly they can't call them parents with kids spaces as that could mean any age, if it's a pram, carrier or trolly I have to get the child/children out of the car into some kind of transportation and need that bit of extra space to lift the child out of the car. My local centre has permits for those spaces and the age limit is 4. I admit I did feel guilty in the early days but not anymore.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jetcar For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love the pwp spots - but I don't consider them for use with prams just people with small children ... Dd is 2 1/2 tends to do runners through car parks so I love being able to reverse against the footpath and walk straight into the centre. I don't use them very often now ... I think dd is getting a bit to big and prefer to leave them for people with littler babies - with only 18mthz between my kids I remember how much of a lifesaver they were when I had to carry them both into the shops as well as nappy bag and green bags!!!

Only thing that irks me at our centre is that there is 3 pwp spots and 5 disabled spots next to each other ... The disabled spots are closer to the main entrance but the pwp are in front of the external entrance for the chemist. A lot of disabled people will park in the pwp spots despite the disabled being empty ... Maybe it's petty?? But it kind of irks me ... But let me just say it doesn't ruin my day!!!

Our centre also has 10 seniors spots that are next closest to the entrance ... I have parked in these once (it was raining - ds was 2, dd was 6 mths) I had this 50+ woman abuse me telling me that I shouldn't park there they were reserved for seniors ... As I struggled to get my two kids, shopping and self in car in pouring rain ... She put her one bag in her car and drove off ... I burst into tears
    Last edited by Smartiecat; 08-07-2012 at 18:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the PWP parks even though DS is 2 1/2. He's 20kgs, has ASD and is a runner. Any one who dares to confront me can try and wrestle him thru a carpark when he's having a meltdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    I use the PWP parks even though DS is 2 1/2. He's 20kgs, has ASD and is a runner. Any one who dares to confront me can try and wrestle him thru a carpark when he's having a meltdown.
    Fair enough ... I wouldn't judge

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast