Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use them and don't use a pram, I put bub in the ergo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. There isn't that many spots and I wouldn't want to take one away from someone who needed one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use them if i have DS with me as he is a runner, he is 3 though so i do feel guilty when I use them but he is often still in a stroller or trolley!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can never get near them... Everybody without kids just use them! So annoying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use one whenever I can get one. (with DS obviously). He likes to walk to the entrance then I put him on a trolley. The ones at my coles are heaps wider so it's easier to hey him in and out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the general etiquette is that if you have young kids, you can use them. Sometimes it's harder when kids are at that walking stage (or running away from you stage!) to drag them across a car park anyway. At least they are contained in a pram.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (08-07-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Being that they're not a legal park you can use it whenever you like.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    And this is why ANYONE uses them. They are the Centre's way of saying we are being nice to mums. They cannot fine or even Warn a person using them without children as they are usually only found in a shopping centre which is Private property not public so they cannot enforce it. People know this.

Also the same with Disabled parks in private car parks they have to provide them but can't enforce them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootedMumma For This Useful Post:

Me&MrMagoo  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    what bugs me is when they have shared spots(disabled and parents parking as one) to me disabled and parents should be separate as parents frequent the shops more and there are never suitable parks for disabled customers.
    oR
    When people park there and leave their kids in car with other parent and walk in

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't use parents with prams parking unless I'm putting DS into a pram.

It drives me to a distraction when people either without kids, or without kids WITH them uses those parks. They're there for people who need the space that a wider bay provides.
    I have the same attitude towards people who aren't disabled parking in disabled spaces. You don't NEED the space, so don't take it away from someone that does! It's so arrogant and rude to do that imo.

So no, I never park in the parents with prams bays unless I have a pram with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    And this is why ANYONE uses them. They are the Centre's way of saying we are being nice to mums. They cannot fine or even Warn a person using them without children as they are usually only found in a shopping centre which is Private property not public so they cannot enforce it. People know this.

Also the same with Disabled parks in private car parks they have to provide them but can't enforce them.
    Not true for all centers though.
    The ones near us you need a permit to use them and you DO get quite a hefty fine if you use one and don't have a permit