Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So you teach your kids it's ok to break rules and disadvantage others in greater need because it's easier ?
    I don't recall saying that?

But I knew someone would!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So glad my shopping centre has valet parking , I couldn't handle the stress that apparently goes with parking your car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The difference is unless the kids is special needs or parents are hopeless at discipline, a school aged child should be able to help or at least follow direction.

I was going to say you're doing a great job with your 3 kids but I am not going to as you've tooted your own horn more than enough.
    I seriously sometimes wonder if you're a troll and you just start fights for fun.... too many of your posts are just plain rude and judgemental! Who the hell implies that another parent is hopeless at discipline because their child isn't well behaved in a carpark?!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I forgot to directly answer the OP

Don't feel bad if you leave the pram behind, not many people can push a trolley as well as a pram, and the ones who try seem to block up entire aisles lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love a good old car park police thread!!

Every time one is started, I picture some random hubber going around checking for car seats in cars parked in PWP.

Relax people! It's just a car park!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (09-07-2012),CMF  (09-07-2012),Momkey  (09-07-2012),share a book  (09-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I seriously sometimes wonder if you're a troll and you just start fights for fun.... too many of your posts are just plain rude and judgemental! Who the hell implies that another parent is hopeless at discipline because their child isn't well behaved in a carpark?!
    Nah, VicPark isn't a troll. She is just lacking in the tact department.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (09-07-2012),Bonkers  (09-07-2012),CMF  (09-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012),headoverfeet  (09-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Nah, VicPark isn't a troll. She is just lacking in the tact department.
    Reading through this thread I'd say she's honest. What's the point in being tactful. Most people still don't get it anyway!

As far as the parks go, I stopped using them when my kids didn't require a heap of extras with them, like nappy bag, pram, etc.
    Once this baby comes along I will use them again. For a while.

I think it's selfish when people that don't need them are using them, but I can't say I check their car or write notes or really care much beyond calling them a name or two in my head. Plus what's the point in saying something? You can't argue with an idiot....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffbum For This Useful Post:

becca84  (10-07-2012),VicPark  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The difference is unless the kids is special needs or parents are hopeless at discipline, a school aged child should be able to help or at least follow direction.

I was going to say you're doing a great job with your 3 kids but I am not going to as you've tooted your own horn more than enough.
    A serious question in a thread I haven't taken seriously from the start...have you ever asked a 5 year old to help carry shopping at the end of a big day? Helpful is not really something they feel like being.

And back to not being serious...I totally tooted my own horn But all in good fun I promise, the dramatic examples used to explain the scenarios that occur in a car park were hilarious. Not because they are untrue, but because they make out like they are the only people who have ever had to walk through a car park with a tantruming toddler and a newborn. I don't park in pwp parks unless there are no other parks available. Maybe that makes me a horrible person but I also help unload trolley's for the mum at the supermarket who is trying to control her bored children, or I push their trolley to the car for them when they have a toddler who is trying to climb out of the trolley so they can safely get to their car (regardless of where it is), or take the hand of the child who went to Aldi with his dad and his dad had no money for the trolley and no bags so left with his arms full of groceries and no way to hold his son...I also unlocked the car for them and waited until the father could safely watch his son get in to the car.
    So really...I'm not mean, I'm not a witch...I'm not even inconsiderate. I think pwp parks are ridiculous and should be removed...that doesn't make me a horrible person.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's all folks.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

BarefootedMumma  (09-07-2012),share a book  (09-07-2012)