Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My local shopping center has shared parents with prams and seniors parks. They are in the same area as the disabled parks but have different signage for them.

What annoys me is when parents park in these parks and don't have any children at all with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaR View Post
    My local shopping center has shared parents with prams and seniors parks. They are in the same area as the disabled parks but have different signage for them.

What annoys me is when parents park in these parks and don't have any children at all with them.
    Are you stalking them? They might be going to collect their kids from inside. No one knows. People are so righteous about what is really just a courtesy park.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Areca  (09-07-2012),NancyBlackett  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Are you stalking them? They might be going to collect their kids from inside. No one knows. People are so righteous about what is really just a courtesy park.
    This.

These parks are a privilege not a right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well let's hope a mother struggling with a pram, toddler and bundles of shopping doesn't miss out on that pwp spot because you feel entitled.
    Well I guess I'll never know, as they probably already snagged a spot just afew metres away and are along their merry way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    Well here's hoping you don't teach your 4.5 yr old that it's ok to do something 'because I want to and it's easier'.

Like a pp said, it's just plain hypocrisy.
    Well of course I teach my 4.5yo to do things easily. Why would I teach him to do it the hard way?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *sigh*

Well as the OP I would like to thank everyone for replying.

I am now well and truly frightened to use the PWP spots!

I like to use them as they are close to the centre and even tho my kids (7 and 5) hold onto the pusher I actually had an incident where we were crossing the road and a car backed into us. (They were driving away, must have seen a spot and put the car into reverse to zoom to the spot....and didnt see us).

So from what I can gather from the replies is that I can use the PWP at my discretion as its not enforceble, its just complimentary. I dont necessarily need a pusher to use one but better have a toddler with me

Thanks every one!

ps....this is my first time in starting 'one of those threads' and I didnt even know it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parents with prams thread... Again

***Sent from my phone***

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    I know right. Because mothers with young children but still school age never, ever, ever are loaded up with shopping and trying to make sure their kids are staying in a line close to the cars as they walk back to the car. Nope, it's this truly amazing thing that happens...the cars, they all disappear, the bags of shopping, they all go in to one small Mary Poppins style bag, a rainbow appears and they all hold hands and skip along singing it's a wonderful life.

I love this thread...because I can safely navigate my way through a car park with a 6,4 and 2 year old all by myself, pram or no pram, shopping or no shopping and SURVIVE the ordeal I am really starting to wonder where my round of applause is when I make it back to the car. I think it's time I apply for The Amazing Race...with that little story there I will definitely make it in to the next series. I'm ready for adventure and clearly I can handle a challenge
    The difference is unless the kids is special needs or parents are hopeless at discipline, a school aged child should be able to help or at least follow direction.

I was going to say you're doing a great job with your 3 kids but I am not going to as you've tooted your own horn more than enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Well I guess I'll never know, as they probably already snagged a spot just afew metres away and are along their merry way.

Well of course I teach my 4.5yo to do things easily. Why would I teach him to do it the hard way?
    So you teach your kids it's ok to break rules and disadvantage others in greater need because it's easier ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can see both sides of the argument (even though parts of it are ridiculous) i agree that there should be more seniors car parking spots instead. There are plenty of elderly people that don't have disability permits and I know they would really appreciate finding it easier to get a spot and not having to walk so far. I do use them though....not because I don't want to walk far - but sometimes it's easier to find a spot and there have been times when I've really appreciated them because of a screaming baby in the back. I also like that they are generally a bit wider for getting dd in an out of the car. I would happily give my spot up for the elderly though!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (09-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love that people check for carseats. I currently have a capsule, upright carseat and boosterseat in my car but the only child with me at the shops is my almost 9yo. Other people take the capsule out and put it in the trolley, yet they have a baby. Special needs have been mentioned, does that mean I can park there because my child has Autism? I' rather not, but thanks anyway. It's great how PWP spots bring out the entitled behaviour in people. Carry on. Just don't park in disabled spots, I dob people in for that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (11-07-2012)