+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is a diploma equal to a high school completion?

I have a diploma in beauty therapy, but did NOT complete year 11 or 12 at school. My DH and I want to adopt and have done significant research into it, and the program that best suits us (Taiwan) only accepts applicants who meet the following (copied from attorney generals website). I'm not sure if my diploma but lack of high school certificate makes me elligible? I thought that a diploma was actually a higher level of education because it is more than a 'certificate'...? I'm in QLD incase that makes a difference.

Education CSS
    - Preference is given to couples with tertiaryeducation (for example, University qualifications or ongoing ProfessionalEducation).

CWLF
    - At a minimum, applicants must be considered highschool graduates by their State government criteria.

Chung Yi
    - At a minimum, applicants must be high schoolgraduates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Wouldn't a diploma be considered a tertiary qualification?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=HarvestMoon;6678531]Wouldn't a diploma be considered a tertiary qualification?

I did come across that too, but it was on a university website and I wasn't sure! Maybe I should have completed high school afterall!

I feel a bit silly even asking, but its something I so desperately want (to adopt) that I don't want to look too far into a particular countrys' program to only find out down the track that I don't meet the requirements!

I'm a good beauty therapist at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    A diploma is a tertiary qualification, generally obtained through tafe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending on state and how old you are Year 10 also used to be considered finishing high school didn't it? You only went on to 'matriculation' (yr 11 and 12) if you wanted to go to uni.

I would consider applying, the fact that you have completed further study should work in your favour.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OT but I find it ridiculous that your education level gets taken into account when looking at eligibility. Lower educated people don't care for, and love, their kids as much as higher educated people?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    By the sounds of it you will be right. I know in NSW a cert III is considered the same as a HSC/year 12 and you've exceeded that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you completed yr 10 you still graduated high school so you are still classed as a high school graduate.
    Also a diploma is a tertiary qualification so your fine there too.
    From what I've read you meet those requirements so good luck

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    If you completed yr 10 you still graduated high school so you are still classed as a high school graduate.
    Also a diploma is a tertiary qualification so your fine there too.
    From what I've read you meet those requirements so good luck

I don't think that has been the case for some time now. Unless it varies between states?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I don't think that has been the case for some time now. Unless it varies between states?

Oh really ?? I thought that if you did your school certificate yr 10 and left you were still classed as graduated. It might have changed thou...I am getting old !