+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    of course..but inducing it when it's a baby..may have issues ..that's my interest with this..

BF of course is great..as I said..but the length of time we feed MAY not be great
    Have you looked at our breastfeeding stats? No fear of many people doing it for too long lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Yes but BFing over 3 years may still provide the child with more protection against the toxins that are in the general environment, in food, etc. Yep the toxins are in breast milk too but so are lots and lots of good immune-boosting things.

It's frightening though, isn't it. I used to be big on "natural products" and have got slack lately. I've been cleaning with chemicals and eating processed food. I'll take this as a wake-up call and a reminder to get back to clean living.
    Same, I used to live chemical free, organic and no processed anything and veggo. And now I eat chocolate every day, clean with chemicals and drink about 4 or 5 coffees. So bad!

Thanks
    Reviews

this has nothing to do with bottle V breastfeeding...maybe more to do with BF for 6 months V 3 yrs..??
    I doubt this is true. If the toxins are in our environment they are everywhere. An extra year of BF would just mean they ingest some from breast milk rather than water, creams, fast food, cleaning products etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MinkyJ For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it's not even the obvious chemicals etc..everyday life ..in the world we live in..

this is going to become a bigger story with more info in time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dont extended breast feed BUT do feed your child 2 serves of genetically modified, chemically sprayed fruit and 5 serves of the above messed with veggies, please aim to have them drink 2 litres of flouride filled water and dont forget to brush their teeth, wash their hair and give them a bubble bath.

Toxins are almost everywhere and to joe average i some how think extended breast feeding is yhe least thing to be concerned about.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

inertia  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it's not even the obvious chemicals etc..everyday life ..in the world we live in..

this is going to become a bigger story with more info in time...
    You're right, our environment is a toxic minefield and it should be a big deal, but breastfeeding doesn't need to come into the bigger picture.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But you can have control over some of the toxic influences in your home, there are better and safer choices to be made.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub