+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Of course it isn't, but surely it is food for thought. How awful that we all have these chemicals in our bodies.
    I agree, I was just saying I have seen women stating they won't breastfeed due to this

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Re the fat storage thing, tis why I'm not too fussed about loosing weight while breastfeeding,I know a lot of chemicals are released from your fat stores while you loose weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Agree with both of you

Rainwater..from some pure untouched planet, I'll tell DD you'll be back soon
    Or like my husband was - evaporated milk. No joke, how disgusting is that - and now he has anaphalaxis allergies....co incidence? I think not!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I agree, I was just saying I have seen women stating they won't breastfeed due to this
    Are they going to test every tin of formula for contamination? Live an organic life? Give birth without drugs? Silly train of thought IMO if your not..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's all about stuff we have induced through our life...not just through preg and then b feeding

Maybe ideal to feed for 3/6 months then stop..obviously great benfits to baby through breast milk..but maybe not a good idea to feed for as long as we once have been told..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with cutting certain things out, but not purely for breastfeeding. I think our bodies could definitely benefit from it.

I also think its sad they are going to reduce the recommended age in Norway now because of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    It's all about stuff we have induced through our life...not just through preg and then b feeding

Maybe ideal to feed for 3/6 months then stop..obviously great benfits to baby through breast milk..but maybe not a good idea to feed for as long as we once have been told..
    But if they aren't getting these chemicals though breastmilk aren't they just going to get them through formula, after all formula isn't exactly made from unicorns. If we're talking about weaning onto foods then aren't our foods just as risky as mentioned?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (08-07-2012),MissMuppet  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Are they going to test every tin of formula for contamination? Live an organic life? Give birth without drugs? Silly train of thought IMO if your not..
    Not to mention the bottles. We still don't know how many chemicals babies are injesting this way. It's only recently Australia has caught onto BPA and the dangers of heating bottles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Not to mention the bottles. We still don't know how many chemicals babies are injesting this way. It's only recently Australia has caught onto BPA and the dangers of heating bottles
    And dummies....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its a bit silly to argue this is a reason not to breastfeed when most research Still indicates slightly better health outcomes for breastfed babies. Breastmilk plays a huge role in the developing gut and more and more research is showing how valuable it is. We and our babies are exposed to toxins every single day. Obviously our bodies do have the ability to deal with them for the most part. Although its scary how polluted the world is unless you have some ability to sheild your baby from all toxins I don't see why it would effect someone's choice to bf.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (08-07-2012)