+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Showers

Hi Ladies,

Im interested in starting my own baby shower decorating business. Would you pay or have paid someone to decorate your venue for your Baby Shower? Or were you happy enough to do it yourself?

My business would supply all decorations, set them up and take them down.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't pay someone to do it as I really enjoyed doing it myself. It would be a good idea for those that are really busy or on bed rest though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think u would maybe need to go a little broader and do invitations, party favours, bits & pieces for games, thankyou cards etc as well. Sort of a "whole package". Just an idea Good luck with your new venture steffy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WhitePeach For This Useful Post:

steffy89  (08-07-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't pay someone to set up a baby shower for me. Besides, there's plenty of event planners out there that you can pay for that sort of thing already.
    I WOULD pay for a good baby shower kit though. And I don't mean one of those tacky, cartoon-ey type "XXXX is about to pop!" popcorn bag style kits (sorry if anyone out there loves them, I just think they're uber cheesy! lmao).

I'd pay for a kit that was colour matched and classy. Cupcake cases, serviettes, self-assemble invitations, ******ers and balloons, centerpieces etc. Then I'd make it all into a kit that could be mailed to the buyer, with several photos to give ideas on how to use the supplies.

But I would think that most people who would actually PAY someone to bring supplies and set it all up and take it away later would just hire a regular event planner. Same job, but more likely to have varied supplies and concepts than someone that only does baby showers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I totally agree with Eko. I'd have loved something like that! Games too would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't, but I have plenty of time, and a lack of money, plus I find it fun.
    If I was going to pay I'd want someone who can organize the whole thing, from invitations and decorations to food and thank you cards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't, but I have used event organisers for other types of party before.

I wouldn't for a baby shower because you don't normally arrange your own baby shower - that's done by a sister/ best friend. I know how much my BF liked planning it all out 'her way', and she wouldn't have wanted someone to do it for her.

Similarly when I hosted a baby shower for my BF then I would have felt like I was 'cheating' or not giving her my best if I'd got someone else to do it. I hope that makes sense?? I felt that by organising it for her then I was giving her my time, and doing everything in a way that I thought would be special for her. It would have taken away a little if I'd hired someone to do that.

I did buy heaps of decorations/ games from online stores though!