+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is Ricotta ok?

Hi guys

I am almost 10 weeks (yay!) and have had some issues along the way but Im getting there.

I have DP currently in hospital facing 2 lots of surgery on Monday, my father is having a surgery Tuesday and of course Im trying to do everything myself!

So when I got some groceries today I picked up a jar of pasta sauce that was on special. Ive cooked the pasta and added some vegies to bulk it up (i dont eat meat) and when I poured the jar in, I realised Ive picked up spinach, tomato and ricotta. BUGGA! I *thought* at the shops I picked up tomato garlic and onion. *sigh*

Im cooking it anyway coz Im so tired.

But, is the ricotta in this ok? Ive read that ricotta isnt safe in pregnancy, but then on another website, I saw someone suggesting a recipe for pregnancy that included fetta! Bah!

I think the ricotta will be ok, its in a piping hot oven now but just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Also, some relaxation techniques with a challenging 8 year old and all this stress would be great.

Thanks everyone

N

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Perfectly fine. So is feta and cottage cheese.
    I would just stay away from blue cheese.
    I didn't eat brie or Camembert either. But some people do with no drama.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been wondering the same thing about ricotta but any cheese is fine if it is heated to steaming hot. I only have feta hot on things like pizza because I'm not sure about it.I have really wanted banana bread with ricotta and honey but I've abstained so far because I wasn't sure if I could have it cold.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ricotta is totally fine. Enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ricotta ok as long as it's not the fresh deli stuff. Feta apparently not ok, though when I had my DD in the uk feta was fine, so not sure how bad it really is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its so confusing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything that is cooked or heated to really hot is fine as the heating process kills the bugs. This includes meat and cheeses,