+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is a clean freak. When I get up and clean so does he. More often than not he's up cleaning before I am... Lol.

I work weekends normally. I come home to a spotless house and dinner. It's just the way he is.
    However it's equal. I pull my weight during the week. And evening clean up (dishes, feeding animals, etc) we both get into. It actually works really well and we both sit down at the same time

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Most of the time (it's usually just dishes or putting on a load of washing or taking the rubbish out) I don't mind I dont always get my 'to do' list done plus I'd rather he put the kids need first

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    No you're not the only one. DH b!tched about some flour on the floor in the kitchen before he went motorbike riding. So I left it and took DS out. He doesn't do any housework. At all. But loves to complain that the house is messy or his clothes aren't put away.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    This sounds like us.

So op no it won't lol unless his done something wrong and feels guilty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not always. I have learnt that it is best not to ask him as if asked he is less likely to do it. If I keep quiet about it he will usually just do it. This am I went out for breakfast and I came home to find the kitchen clean but if I had asked him to do it he would get his back up and not do it. He is a bit cleaner than me though so it would seem a little hypocritical for me to ask 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Sometimes he does, other times he 'was just about to do it' (yeah, right) when i walk in the door.
    This is what I usually say to DH when he comes home and I've been home all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH is really good actually. But I do have to ask before he cleans. He cooks without being asked all the time though.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't really ask each other to do house chores...

anything around the house that needs doing we just write it on the fridge with a whiteboard marker, and then whoever does it just crosses it off. It's pretty equal. But we both like a clean house and see it as a mutual responsibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF is a clean freak, I never have to ask for anything, he just sees what needs doing and does it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DP is more pedantic about cleaning than I am, and he'll go on cleaning missions... where he's all, "let's clean every bloody thing at 7am!" but generally, he's not much of a cleaner. He doesn't cook dinner. He doesn't wash clothing. He doesn't do the dishes. Etc etc. He does no housework, basically. So if I want something done, I have to ask.

He claims he fell asleep. I'm not sure why... considering he was supposed to be taking care of DD while I was gone (but she had fallen asleep too). That said, he was awake 15 mins before I was home because he messaged me to ask when I was returning... so he had enough time to start it even if he fell asleep the moment I left the house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes it gets done. He can get distracted. And if he has a hint of Manflu forget it.