+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is horrible..I am so ashamed of being Australian sometimes..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Because they are ignorant and uneducated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find it almost comical that people can make racist comments towards aboriginals. Um, I'm sorry but aren't WE boat people to them? (I am Australian!)
    The ignorance astounds. I am also saddened that people have to continue to go through terrible conditions to try and seek a better life here, in this day and age. There really should be a better and easier way for people trying to get a better life for their family. Much more initiative than some of us who sit at home on centre link payments and contribute nothing to society. I live in a town where so much of our employment comes from a large steelworks company. And can I just say, the towns that surround said company comprise of probably 80% ethnics - as they are the ones that came here and worked hard! People need to grow up and stop judging on something that just because it can be clearly seen, means absolutely nothing in relation to basic human rights and indeed community contribution. I'm sorry those two old bats made you feel so bad OP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry some people can be horrible, 2 weeks ago there was this kid mucking up at the supermarket and his mum trying to settle him. This old lady walks past and says "control your child" well I said to the mum don't worry my 4 yr old mucks up to thats why hes at home roflmao, and she says"hes autistic" I told her not to worry some people are just rude and naieve. Next time I see and old person insult someone like that I'll remember that line that was used above "its ok you'll be dead soon .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlybigbear For This Useful Post:

austmum  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad that someone called out this moron on their behavior and I'm sorry you experienced such nastiness. Some people are just awful, purely and utterly awful. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously, ther are just some awful people out there, my own parents are of the generation where they are racist, it angers me that they can be like that :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's lovely to read that a stranger stood up for you in the face of such blinding ignorance, assumption and blatant racism. And good on you for speaking up for yourself too. I'm so sorry you were attacked this way, it's disgusting. The level of racism in our society is awful, you see it everywhere (including on BH) and it's great that there are people who will not tolerate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Idiots. I'm so sorry that happened to you . Makes me furious , but hey they have to live with themselves .... Imagen being like that ... It would be awful to be so pig headed and unhappy. Happy people don't make comments about others.
    My grandad in the uk was a total racist , he died of motor neurone in his eighties , his last few months of life he was looked after by nurses from Asia who had all come to work in the uk. My mum had said how wonderful they had been to him , I think in his last few months he learnt alot about himself and his opinions.
    So sorry you had to encounter these fools!