+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why are people so mean...

I've off and on had racist remarks passed my way , but never anything really hurtful..small things that I usually shrug off..

But yesterday...I was at coles doing groceries with DD and it was her nap time so obviously was upset and whingy.. I was trying to calm her down and handle the trolley at the same time when these 2 middle age ladies very loudly say'' god im sick and tired of these boat people..ignorant idiots who cant even control their kids !'' and than giving me filthy looks !!! I was so utterly shocked !!! (i have dark sick so everyone assumes im indian)
    I was speechless!! but this other lovely lady told them of ... by than i got my nerves up and told them that i have come to australia legally, i am a nurse who saves lives and pay taxes..im not on centrelink payments or take handout from the government...
    obviously this didnt make a difference to their views and they just walked off..

Im still so rattled by all this.. im so thankful that majority of the people arent like this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm really sorry .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Kellbell85  (09-07-2012)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

If I was there I would have stood up for you too. Racism is not ok ever.

I just keep in mind that the older racist generation will eventually die off, and while yes, their kids may be racist, racism is getting less and less with more and more education.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (09-07-2012),Izy  (07-07-2012),Misschief  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's awful, my husband is Aboriginal so he gets it a bit too. My DD1 watched some video in class about Aboriginal people and a girl in her class said to her 'are you aboriginal?' and DD said yes, and the little girl screwed her face up and said 'ewwwww'. I mean WTF!?

One funny thing that happened though when I was younger, my friend who is Aboriginal & Torres strait islander on her dads side and English on her mums. So she's not really dark, kind of looks Asian, and this lady went up to her and started saying to her to go back to her own country bla bla bla, well, as you can imagine she was like 'um, why don't YOU go back to YOUR country, my people were here first before YOUR people came here on boats!!!' it was gold!

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-07-2012),Californication  (07-07-2012),cluckcluck  (09-07-2012),Izy  (07-07-2012),lovesushi  (07-07-2012),Mahjong  (07-07-2012),mum2bubba  (07-07-2012),Sarelou  (08-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (07-07-2012),~Marigold~  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's absolutely disgusting! I'm so glad you said something. I doubt people like that ever change but maybe it gave them something to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What utter moronic fools.

*hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    What nasty old biddies. Disgusting behavior & attitudes. Good that someone told them off. Hope you don't get any more comments like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry that you and your dd had to experience that. People can becruel but please find comfort in knowing not everyone is like that. The whole situation is probably exacerbated by all the media coverage of "boat people". My late father was racist but just loved going to our local Indian restaurant for dinner, so I pointed out to him that our city would not be such a wonderful place if it wasn't fir all the different cultures coming together. It made him think...
    Sorry for rambling, take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry that you had to experience this and that they had the nerve to say things like that. it's sad we still live in a society where this happens lets hope the next generation are more thoughtful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry you had to experience such idiots. Big hugs.