+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waterproof eye makeup remover

Hi ladies

Can anyone recommend an eye makeup remover that works on waterproof mascara?

I am having such a hard time finding one that actually works! I use Maybelline Great Lash waterproof mascara (a cheapy but a goodie) and just can't seem to get it off at night. I have tried a couple of removers that claim to work on waterproof eye makeup, but neither live up to their claims. The latest failure is a body shop one that I'll be taking back for a refund today.

At the moment I've resorted to using rose hip oil, but I still find I have to tug and pull to remove all the mascara, removing eyelashes as I go and scrubbing harshly at the delicate skin around the eyes. Not to mention using up all my lovely rosehip oil.

I've been reading reviews on the internet, and the best ones seem to be only available in America which is so annoying!

I never used to use waterproof mascara, but for the last year or so I've started getting panda eyes with the normal stuff so have had to make the switch.

Please tell me there is a waterproof eye makeup remover out there that ACTUALLY WORKS!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have actually found makeup cleansing wipes worked best for me (like the Nivea ones)

Baby oil also works wonders too!!! It moisturizes around the eye area too!

I have Clinique eye remover but the wipes and baby oil def worked better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

AllCreatures  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use rice bran oil. Olive oil works just as well but rice bran is much lighter. I just put some on a facecloth, hold it on the lashes for a couple of seconds then wipe lightly a few times. I use the same mascara too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

AllCreatures  (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies!

Who would have thought that ordinary old oils would work better than expensive removers?!

GreenMama, I really like the idea of rice bran oil and will be trying it tonight. Sounds great and no chemicals or any of the other cr@p they put in cosmetics these days.

Thanks again

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one by Bioderma, called Crealine H2O. It's MAGNIFICIENT! Gets rid of all make up types on one swipe.
    It's french so unfortunately I can't tell you what's in it, but it doesn't feel greasy or oily at all and I have had lovely skin since I started using it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone I know swears by Vaseline. Like the one you get in a tub. Just dab on a cotton wool pad and swipe away