+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why is she so stinky????

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else has an EBF baby that has MEGA stinky gas??? DD was treated for oral thrush at 3weeks with Nilstat oral drops which were a great success but i am wondering if this has perhaps affected the way her gut functions now? She is not at all unsettled or uspet by this - i wish i could say the same for me though!! It's seriously so bad that when she does it in public i have to leave the area immediately for fear that people will think it is ME! LOL.
    Anyone have any ideas why this is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No idea, but my dd, 8 weeks, is the same! So stinky! And she's also exclusively bf. I can guarantee she's never had anything else, so I have no idea.

Very interested in others replies, as I thought we were alone with this..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just have to say LOL that is so cute in a gross way haha xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My solely breast fed 3 month old DS is so bad! From 4 days old his farts were the worst thing. They almost even rivalled DP's!

I have a feeling his is related to the fenugreek and blessed thistle combo I'm on due to supply issues, as I didn't have the smell problem with DD and the fenugreek tablets are the only thing different that I'm doing (didn't know about them when DD was born)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad i am NOT alone on this one!!! I have done a bit of reading since posting this and experimented with eliminating things from my diet such as sugary foods, caffine and garlic - none of this seems to have any effect!!!
    Also, DD only poos once every 5-6 days or so - not that i am particularly alarmed by this as i have heard this is quite common in EBF babies.
    I'm gonna try some probiotics for both of us and see how that goes.