Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, well the government gives *guidelines* for all sorts of things, and while ever they remain guidelines and now law, then it is up to parents to decide whether to follow them or not.

And you know what else? The government gets their guidelines wrong sometimes.

I'm going to log off now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    We are not only talking about unknown causes of deaths in infants which is 50% in parents beds and 50% in their cots. We're also talking about accidental suffocation which wouldn't happen had the baby been in their cots and a safe sleep environment.
    Parents need to be educated how to sleep safely, the recommendation is 'in their own cots, in your room, with no toys or obstructions' that's it. They don't know what causes sids, so they make a recommendation on what is the safest method for babies to sleep. It doesn't say in bed with mum because in Japan less babies die of sids while co-sleeping, there could be other factors involved as to why that has nothing to do with where the baby sleeps. So until they know, I would personally follow safe sleeping guidelines.
    You were the one talking about SIDS guidelines.

The study doesn't reveal much, however, in this article, it states the babies were sleeping in a bed next to their parents, not sharing a bed. It also states that NEARLY half die during co-sleeping, so more die who do not co-sleep.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-06/coroner-slams-co-sleeping-advice/4114492

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your kidding right? I had a baby attached to the breast 24/7 for 3 months so yeah I do know what that's like. Again, overreacting with your examples, but I would still tell parents to follow guidelines and that's not to put your baby down the other end of the house alone! I don't agree with that either
    If I'm over reacting then your being nieve and you have unrealistic expectations for mothers, not everyone is capable of getting up that frequently for months on end.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

jez  (06-07-2012)

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Scare mongering bollocks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (06-07-2012),MrJones&Me  (06-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No you can't help how you feed a baby, but you can help where to put the baby to sleep. Yep that's right.
    Bull crap.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (07-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    If I'm over reacting then your being nieve and you have unrealistic expectations for mothers, not everyone is capable of getting up that frequently for months on end.
    Which is why sids have guildelines for parents who want or need to co-sleep to do it safely.

Sids guidelines are for safe sleeping and not just purely to prevent sids risks, they include ALL sleeping risks, which is why I mention these guidelines.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Bull crap.
    What's bullcrap? Everyone can breastfeed, no one needs to formula feed?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    What's bullcrap? Everyone can breastfeed, no one needs to formula feed?
    I think she was referring to your statement that "you can help where to put the baby to sleep". Probably most people can but if you've got a baby like mine it's either attached to me, lying next to me or lying on me. She simply doesn't sleep anywhere else. Ever.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    More boys die of SIDS, more babies die of SIDS in winter and more babies die on weekends. Not much in SIDS guidelines to help with those.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have never trusted myself co-sleeping with my bub. My bub use to wake 5-10 (no joke) times a night for 7 months. I got up every time and put him back into his cot, I had major sleep deprivation for months and just didn't trust myself. For me his cot was the safest place for him.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast