Closed Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I'm also going to now assume none of you are smokers, exhausted, obese or take drugs or alcohol before you bed share.
    Yep, none of the above.

I would have been exhausted if I *didn't* bed share though.

Guest Guest
    The ones they investigated occured while bed sharing! And they investigated sids AND sleep accidents which all these recommendations come under. What are people not understanding? They are not just talking about SIDS why are people so fixated on that? The coroner made recommendations for better education, a more uniform approach and message about safe sleeping because there are so many mixed messages, and he is in line with sids recommendations about cot sleeping in parents rooms for the first 6-12months. He didn't recommend bed sharing if you're a smoker, if your exhausted, if you're obese, if you're influenced under drugs/alcohol. Do any of these apply to you?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Yep, none of the above.

I would have been exhausted if I *didn't* bed share though.
    I would think most new parents are exhausted and do fall asleep while feeding their babies. You can't educate yourself and say well..... I just won't be exhausted, because bed sharing doesn't stop a baby waking 10 times a night you know? You will still be tired.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He didn't recommend bed sharing if you're a smoker, if your exhausted, if you're obese, if you're influenced under drugs/alcohol. Do any of these apply to you?
    Not me, no.

People are fixated on SIDS because the article tried to make a link between co-sleeping and SIDS that we believe doesn't exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think most new parents are exhausted and do fall asleep while feeding their babies. You can't educate yourself and say well..... I just won't be exhausted, because bed sharing doesn't stop a baby waking 10 times a night you know? You will still be tired.
    Yes I was exhausted but I turned the corner when we moved ds out of the bassinet and into a safe shared sleeping environment.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Not me, no.

People are fixated on SIDS because the article tried to make a link between co-sleeping and SIDS that we believe doesn't exist.
    Can you quote in the articles where it says that? Because I don't see where the coroner is making a link between co-sleeping and sids, the coroner is very clear that sids has unknown factors, so until they know, the recommendations are xyz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Actually it did stop me being exhausted, even though DD was still waking at night because i didn't have to get up to it, i could settle her next to me. As a consequence i was getting a lot more rest and was no longer exhausted.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (07-07-2012),halloweendee  (07-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-07-2012)

Guest Guest
    I didn't have to get up to either of my babies either, they were in a bassinett and cot next to my bed where I could reach for them. Putting them in my bed instead wouldn't have made me less tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had plenty of sleep - sleeping when she slept. It may have been broken, but so is the mum's that gets up to her baby. She has just as much chance of being exhausted and falling asleep on a chair which is against SIDS recommendations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well we are all different and it did make me less tired, otherwise i wouldn't have bothered to co-sleep.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (07-07-2012)