+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default little blisters

hi guys

im hoping for some help, ds is 15 months and has been under the weather this week, off his sleep, wingey, upset tummy i put it down yo teething but now im worried because he has 2 little blisters on his face now i notice 3 on his hands and 2 between his toes?

going to take him to the docs later today

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The dr soundlike a good idea. As a wild guess I would say he might hand, foot and mouth.
    Hand, foot and mouth disease is generally a mild illness caused by the coxsackievirus. It is not a serious illness and has nothing to do with the animal disease called foot and mouth disease. It mainly occurs in children under 10 years of age but can also occur in older children and adults.
    http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/factshe...footmouth.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    i meant off his food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's probably Hand Foot and Mouth disease. The blisters can be very painful - I had it a few years ago and it was agony. From memory, it's a virus so a Dr can't prescribe anything to fix it, and just give Panadol to manage the pain/general grumpiness. It's also highly contagious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just googled it and he has every symptom :-( i took him to an indoor play centre on Monday so i think may have got it there, he's been 3 times first two times he got a cold within 24 hours and now this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quite probably. My Dr reckons I probably got it off a trolley at the shops or similar as I didn't have kids at the time and hadn't been in contact with anyone who had it!

He's probably off his food as you can get sores in the mouth as well. I had them all over my lips - I looked like I had herpes. Not pretty, and not fun.

Hope the Dr has some useful suggestions for treatment, but really it's just rest and ride through it with Panadol/Nurofen. I think I was better after a week, but it took a few for all the blisters to go away. Was a good look wearing thongs to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you are going through. dd1 got hand foot and mouth that she picked up from either kindergym or the shopping trollys a year back now and there wasnt much I could do for her but give her pain relief.
    It lasted with DD1 about a bit over a week before she was back to normal settled self and the blisters on her hands and feet to start to disappearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definatly sounds like hand, foot & mouth disease, poor little poppet I have heard its quite unpleasant

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes ladies the doctor agreed. poor little man keeps crying when he's playing with his toys if he knocks s blister :-(

anything other than panadol that helps? thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DS was 3 months old hr had the same symptoms, took him to the doctors an they said it's hand foot mouth disease and that theres nothing to give and it will disappear on it's own, and were told to give some panadol if he's miserable. But a few days later it got a lot worse and we went back to the doctors and she told us to go to emergency! DS end up being admitted to hospital and was on iv drip for 3 days! They did heaps of tests and still dont know what was wrong with him, only it was not hand foot mouth disease. Anyway hope you little one recover soon! Just keep a close eye on him just invade it's something more serious. I cried everyday when he was on iv drip wishing I picked up the seriousness earlier