My son is 3 years, 9 months, and had some speech delay between 2 and 3. His speech is now within a normal range, but he has the following pronunication issues:
- the combination of s and most hard vowel sounds eg-snake, snap, skittles - he puts a very soft s on the front but mostly pronounces the n or the k and puts the s on the end, eg snap sounds more like naps, but with a tiny s at the beginning
- l sounds like a y - eg. lollipot sounds like yoyyipot
- r sounds like w - eg. run sounds like wun, but with slight r at the beginning
- he rolls his js, sort of like the french do
- ch is a combination between ch and sh
Everything else seems okay, but I don't know if I should be doing some exercises to work on correcting, or whether it just comes good as he gets older?