+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 4 year old wakes up every morning cranky!

And it's doing my head in! From the moment he wakes up in the morning, he's in the most foul mood. His way or the highway and is a total GRUMP! Puts the other 3 family members in a foul mood by the end of the morning work and school run. DH cant wait to leave somedays cos of him and DS1 (8 this year) cant jump out of the car into school quick enough! DS1 usually cops the feral mood more by DS2 picking on him for just even saying hello to him!

The foul mood isnt just a once a week thing, it's EVERYDAY!!!

Getting him dressed of a morning is a bloody mission, shoes too tight, too loose, dont like the shirt, dont like the socks, undies too blue, undies too green ARGH!!! GRUMP!!!

The whinging. OMFG the WHINGING! Like nails on a chalkboard!

He gets enough sleep (in bed by 7, up usually 630) doesnt have day sleeps any more, but will have a cat nap on school run in the arvo's.

He can be a picky eater and "Hate every food" I serve up, but I dont cater to the pickiness, its that or nothing! His diet isnt full of sugar, no juices or takeaways (we'll have it maybe once a week if that???) and no lollies unless we're at a bday party etc.

He goes to Kindy 3 days a week, 8-3, and they say he's a really lovely kid and doesnt have any hint of a bad mood! WTF?

We love our little man to death, but somedays I sigh with relief when I dropped him off at Kindy!!

We're at a loss, we're over walking on eggshells around him not to set him off He does make home life unplesent at times!

My mother thinks it's because his star sign is "Gemini" () which means the "Twin" moods, but Sheeeeeeesh can we have the GOOD twin once please!

Oh and he's going through the "I hate you" or "You are a stupid head" phase, only says it to his older brother though, we're NOT a house like that at all!

Please tells us were not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Hun hugs to you and the whole family, I don't know if I'm the best person to give advice as apparently I'm a grump when I wake up even when I think I sound nice and sincere. My parents used to send me back into my room till I could behave better. I know with my DS he will wake crying in the morning if he hasn't had enough sleep and when he has he wakes chatting to himself. How old is your DS? Sorry I can't see any signatures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written your post about my 2 year old DD about 6 months ago. She was exactly the same for as long as I can remember. I used to hate getting up in the morning cause I knew I would have to deal with her being miserable and whiney. In February she had her Tonsils and Adenoids removed as she had Obstructive Sleep Apnea and snored like a trooper. The difference it has made is unbelieveable. It's like she is a different child. I can't believe it took me so long to work out the issue. I'm not saying this is what is wrong with your child but maybe there is an underlying issue as to why he is like he is.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no advice, but it sounds very difficult.

Apparently, I was like this as a child too.

Hopefully it passes soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks everyone

Hes just turned 4, but been like this for maybe 12 mnths now! So over it! Going to start putting him back to bed until he comes out in a better mood I think, it puts me in a feral mood too!

He had his tonsils and adenoids out when he was 2 due to them being enlarged and constant infections. That improved his health a lot!

Hes at Kindy today, my god its quiet! DS1 misses out on a lot cos DS2 is being the way his is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BabyMama View Post
    I could have written your post about my 2 year old DD about 6 months ago. She was exactly the same for as long as I can remember. I used to hate getting up in the morning cause I knew I would have to deal with her being miserable and whiney. In February she had her Tonsils and Adenoids removed as she had Obstructive Sleep Apnea and snored like a trooper. The difference it has made is unbelieveable. It's like she is a different child. I can't believe it took me so long to work out the issue. I'm not saying this is what is wrong with your child but maybe there is an underlying issue as to why he is like he is.

Good Luck
    Isn't it funny you mentioned that, OP I had obstructive sleep apnea. Does your DS snore? First hand I can say you wake feeling like you have run a marathon in your sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesnt snore anymore, used to before he had his adenoids and tonsils removed though!

He is a very restless sleeper somenights! Talks in his sleep (sometimes giving someone a mouth off!)

His KIndy teacher mentioned that it could be a testosterone surge? They get big surges between 4 and 8 apparently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is he grumpy in the afternoon?

My ds is 2 and does not do mornings, he likes to lay with me for half an hour, no one can talk to him, some mornings you'll cop a smack and a 'no' just for looking at him and if i wake him instead og him waking by himself he is feral.

Before ds i was not a morning person, i'm still not really, i wake up irritable and like to lay around.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If hes having a rare good day, he isnt! But if he wakes up cranky, hes cranky alllll day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    If hes having a rare good day, he isnt! But if he wakes up cranky, hes cranky alllll day
    Have you considered a sleep study? Sounds like he may not be getting enough deep sleep, especially if he is moving around most of the night.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub