+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My almost 5yo used to spray all over the place due to his foreskin being in the way. It was a nightmare!
    He has taught himself though to pull back on the skin abit, not to retract it as such (as his doesn't yet), but just to pull it back so that the foreskin is taut rather than all scrunched up! So now he's mostly all good, he just sometimes forgets to look where he's pointing.
    I was thinking afew years ago to teach him how to pull it back but couldn't figure out how to explain it to him, so I didn't. And then he did it himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    So I asked DP and he said it doesn't need to retract.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    My almost 5yo used to spray all over the place due to his foreskin being in the way. It was a nightmare!
    He has taught himself though to pull back on the skin abit, not to retract it as such (as his doesn't yet), but just to pull it back so that the foreskin is taut rather than all scrunched up! So now he's mostly all good, he just sometimes forgets to look where he's pointing.
    I was thinking afew years ago to teach him how to pull it back but couldn't figure out how to explain it to him, so I didn't. And then he did it himself.

This is the same issue as us, you explained it much better than me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh dear, these are the worries I have with DS not having a male roll model.
    He has my father, but my father sits on the toilet and doesn't stand.

How on earth am I going to teach him to pee standing up and how to retract his foreskin??? I have never seen a bloke doing that. I have never really seen a guy pee'ing as it is called "privacy" for a reason lol.

My father reckons I should just let him pee sitting down and once he starts primary school, he'll see other boys pee'ing standing up and he'll figure it out by himself. What do you think? Should I take that advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Misschief - I think just let him do whatever works and he is comfortable with. My DS just started wanting to stand up to wee about 6 months ago because he saw DH doing it. Its not something we 'taught' him to do. Also he wees outside on the grass (we live in the tropics and he wasn't wearing much last summer during toilet training!) so that was done standing up obviously. You could also just explain casually to him that some boys sit down and some stand up to wee, and he can do whichever he likes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (08-07-2012)