+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Uncirc boys and weeing...?

DS is nearly 3 and now that he stands up to wee it gets a bit messy as his foreskin interferes with his aim!

I don't think it retracts yet but I've never checked, nor taught him to do anything other than a general wash of the whole area in the bath.

So when did your sons start pulling it back a little to wee? Did u teach them? How did you know it retracted, if so?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No idea but will be interested to hear answers. My DS is almost 3 too and always pees directly at right angles to his willy due to his particular foreskin (paed says it's fine) so we haven't even attempted to teach weeing standing up yet! Too tricky hahaha. Even if the wee came out straight I don't reckon he'd be dexterous enough to aim it well just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My 5yrs old skin starting retracting about 6mths ago so when he was 4. I only noticed as he was in the bath at the time. He doesnt retract it to pee though, but he always gives himself a little wipe afterwards.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Do they need to retract it to pee? DS just makes sure his is straight and sits on the toilet. He's only 2.5 and I've never thought about him retracting it, I didn't think it was necessary.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure, but i know if you retract it before it is ready you can cause damage so i would be interested to know the answer as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 5 year old has been standing to wizz for almost 2 years and has never had an issue he just aims his body to get it in the loo.. (he doesn't hold it yet) but pretty sure but don't quote me on it.. That guys don't pull it back to wee they just aim it

Edited to say - I asked dh and he said he pulls it back a little.. So maybe it is normal.. Just don't teach your DS to pull it all the way back..
    Last edited by maybe again; 08-07-2012 at 11:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh said he thought guys (inc himself) just pull it back a little bit otherwise the urine kind of sprays rrandomly as it goes through the foreskin. I've seen other little boys pull it back and some not though...

DS gets wee on his feet and jocks because it dribbles out and DH said very matter of factly that its from the foreskin covering the opening. ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS is 5 and sits on the toilet to wee, but doesn't retract. He started to retract his own at age 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it will retract when it is ready to. my son only pulls his back in the shower for a clean (9yo) and doesn't pull it back to wee. that's what hubby taught him!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My boys are 3&4 and neither of the retract they pee straight when toileting so it's not really an issue, I would just encourage him to sit for now