+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get the same thing and it's awful- especially in summer, I get so paranoid about them in thongs etc.. but since finding this really great little pumice stone I haven't had to worry. You get it from the Chemist, (a doctor recommended it) in a little box, I think the actual brand name is 'Hores'. It's a little black block that you use to scrub with soap and water- it's different to any other pumice stone I've ever come across, this one really works and can fix even the absolute worst deeply cracked heels. I swear by it!
    So I use this in the shower a couple times a week and every day after showering I apply a good sorbolene cream as well as some heel balm (like Neat Feat) and pop on socks. I find they get really bad if I walk around without socks on, so it's easy to maintain in winter.
    Also, I sometimes buy a tube of cheap homebrand lanolin cream (about $2) and it works just as well as the expensive balms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much ladies! I didnt realise there was so much I could be doing with them, I thought I was just doomed to have gross heels! I live in the NT so Im always in thongs so they get so sore sometimes and embarressing too Thanks again ladies, Ive struggled with it for so long and its nice to finally have a huge list of suggestions Thank you!

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get tough hands from woolies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    You can get tough hands from woolies
    Thanks!!! I've run out and thought i'd have to go on a hunt. such good stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just replied to a thread about cracked hands recommending this product and now I will for you! It is palmers cocoa butter formula foot magic. You put it on every night- extra results if you wear socks to. It is great stuff!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Yep, Eulactol balm is great
    This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use a corn plane too but it goes rusty. How do you use/store yours? Do you throw out the blade after each use?

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little bean View Post
    I use a corn plane too but it goes rusty. How do you use/store yours? Do you throw out the blade after each use?
    I use one side of the razor for each use, so I get two pedicures from one blade. Each time I use it I take out the blade, pat everything dry, then either turn the blade so the unused bit is ready for next time or throw it out.

OP, despite doing thorough pedicures every week, my heels will still bleed if I wear Havaiana-style thongs too often. If I wear Birkenstocks or thongs with a leather sole my heels still get the dead skin build-up but they never crack and bleed. Maybe try some different shoes as well as a pedicure?
    Last edited by lambjam; 06-07-2012 at 07:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh wow It never crossed my mind to get a different type of shoe, that totally makes sense! Thank you for the suggestions ladies

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try some orthaheel shoes . Need better support

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (06-07-2012)