+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast feeding after C-Sec

Just wondering how long it took for breast milk to come in after you had a C-Section.

It's been 2 days for us now and it feels like all she's getting outta there is razor blades. Told the midwives and they said to check my hold and make sure she had enough in her mouth, which she did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine came in on day 3. The first week does hurt but it gets much better I promise good luck with everything and congratulations on your LO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine came in on about day 3 or 4, and that was after expressing too to help it along, I was told that a c-section delays the onset by 24 hrs and in my case also gestational diabetes another 24 hrs so I was on the back foot by 2 days but in the end got it all going with the right help and advice. Good luck.

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine came in on day 5 & that was with a vaginal delivery - can you ask the midwives to borrow a pump & try to stimulate production?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd1 after trying and pumping like mad it came in on day 10 she was already on a bottle. She wouldn't latch on though so that was more the problem I think!
    DD2, totally different c/s as she stayed with me the whole time in recovery and was put straight onto breast and she knew what to do!!! Milk came in around day 2-3, not much though and I struggled through with what little I was making til 6 weeks before giving up.
    DS again he was put straight to breast in recovery, he wasn't as good as DD2 but he could latch. Again lots of hand and pump expressing but I gave up on return home on day 4, milk came in the day before.
    Good luck with it, it's hard work to say the least but so many successfully breast feed after a c-section so it's totally possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine came in day 4 and that was with expressing antenatally for 2 weeks before hand.
    Like others have said I'd suggest pumping, good luck and congrats on your little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine came in day 3-4 ish Cs early Friday morning and dripping milk Monday afternoon.