+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do work full time, but I have no cleaner.

DH keeps on top of general everyday cleaning during the weekdays, then I do a more thorough clean on the weekends.

At times I have considered hiring a cleaner, but I'd prefer at this stage to just manage housework between the two of us and save the $.

Neither of us insist on having a 'spotless' home. Clean & tidy is good enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If I can work it in the budget i'd love to get a cleaner when I go back to work. While I'm a SAHM (not studying or anything) I couldn't bring myself to splurge on a cleaner .. to do what I see as my job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely do it!! I am just about to go back teaching 1.5 days a week. My DH is a farmer and usually works 6-7 days a week, when things aren't busy. He has told me I can get a cleaner when I work 3 days a week or more .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I work full time and we have a cleaner. She comes on Friday while we are both at wok and has her own key. I trust her completely.

We used to spend a whole Saturday cleaning which was awful because that's time we could have been spending together. Now we come home to a sparkling house every Friday. Bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hell yes!

i would think the precious hours i spend at home would be with my partner, kids, pets....doing the odd jobs that no-one else can.
    oh, and spending at LEAST an afternoon in my pyjamas watching foxtel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely no doubt a about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i worked id seriously consider it!! But ill be a sahm for some time yet so i guess its all on.me

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmmm. probably not. I hate paying people for jobs I can do myself. I guess I'm lucky cos dh pitches in. If he didn't, then I would prob get exhausted of the grind.

But as a SAHM I totally*dream* of having a cleaner!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Absolutely- what it takes a cleaner to do in 2 hours would take me about 5. I would much rather pay the $40 and have those extra 5 hours with my kids. When I was working I was time poor enough without having to do cleaning
    $40 for 2 hours? Surely that's not the going rate for a professional cleaner??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    $40 for 2 hours? Surely that's not the going rate for a professional cleaner??
    That's what we pay also

I work fulltime 8 months of the year, 60 hours a week starting at 6am, the kids come with me and we have 5 children. It makes life so much easier and nicer to have someone come in on a Friday. Much nicer start to the weekend. There is still plenty fr me to do though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast