+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default After school activities

What do your children do as after school or weekend activities? How often do they do it? What is too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive found two nights per week per child, or one weekend day and one night per week per child is the max my kids can cope with and the max I can cope with with two kids and two extra kids on the weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    This year we have none They do their music and sport through the school.

In the past we did 1 activity per child during the week and none on weekends

Thanks
    Reviews
    One activity per child. This year it is swimming lessons once a week. In summer they'll do nippers which is a Sun morning. My kids love free play time so one activity a week is plenty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mine do a fair bit. i find they are just crazy kids without it!

ds - 3 days a week soccer
    art club
    basketball

dd1
    physie
    dance
    choir
    gym

beryl
    little kickers and physie

all do swimming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sadly mine do nothing. ds2 is 5 and has autism and hates being told what to do lol. as much as i've tried to talk him into doing something he wont. ds1 who is 10 has tried everything under the sun and happy to be doing nothing for now. When i say nothing he will kick the footy in the neighbouring paddock daily with his mates, and practises long distance running on his own, when in the mood, or sprints at the school oval, again when in the mood but nothing that's set in stone. He's my little runner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds does swimming once a week.

He does a scout type thing once a month and they have about four weekend camps a year plus the odd Sunday thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD1 is 6. This term she had art on Tuesday's, cheer leading on Thursday's, girl guides on Thursday's (straight after cheer leading which was straight after school) and gym Saturday mornings. It was too much. She loves being busy but hated having so much on, particularly the Saturday morning gym classes after a while as she just wants to laze around on Saturday mornings.

Next term she's doing hip hop on Monday's and girl guides, and will orobably do a sport activity after school and nothing on weekends.

DD2 has dancing Monday's and gym on Fridays. She is in preschool 2 days a week.

DS has only gym on Fridays (poor neglected 3rd child).

I know some kids who do something e every afternoon and they love it. We were a bit like that at first but found she just got too tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both boys do Swimming and Little Athletics in Summer and Auskick in Winter - Swimming and Lil Aths is 1 night each, Auskick is twice a week (training and game) so 2 nights a week.

I think anymore than 2 nights at their age is too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd is 9 and has a horse riding lesson once a week but because she has her own horse she rides most afternoons. She tried physie for about a year too but didn't like it.

Ds is 6 and has tried horse riding and little athletics but didn't like either, he wants to try afl and joey's (like scouts for little ones), so I think I'll let him try one starting next term.

They both do a swimming lesson each per week over summer.