+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Face of birth movie

Anyone else seen it, I remember hearing about it a few months ago but never really knew what it was about. I just downloaded it and watched it and its quite interesting.

Makes for a nice change to hear some positive birthing stories; each time I have a drs app or speak to ppl IRL they all seem to go on about how impossible a natural birth is and tell me I will be begging for drugs after a few hrs.

I am not really one for home birth myself but when you see how we do it in OZ compared to others countries to does make you realise that we are all led to believe HB is some hippy, crazy, dangerous thing when it probably isn't always the case. In other countries its just as normal as all the other options.

A few of us in my DIG are so excited to find this movie while being pregnant, we have enrolled in one of the womens courses - its all about embracing and transforming the pain during labour! hopefully it's good!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've not seen it, take that shocked look off your face I will try harder to pry the laptop out of DFs cold dead hands when he is home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha u would like it Thermy prob nothing u didn't already know but still interesting. It was comparing oz to UK mostly and also nz. How overseas u pick hb, birth center or whatever without the hassle and with proper gov support.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm happy to chat about it

I haven't watched it - because I honestly cant handle birth clips (I also cant handle surgery or even injections being given on tv) - how much of the clip is actual footage of birth??

I'm ALL for choice - and I signed the petition to support the fact that ALL women should be able to choose how they birth their baby .. I was just worried about how graphic the footage might be?

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    I'm happy to chat about it

I haven't watched it - because I honestly cant handle birth clips (I also cant handle surgery or even injections being given on tv) - how much of the clip is actual footage of birth??

I'm ALL for choice - and I signed the petition to support the fact that ALL women should be able to choose how they birth their baby .. I was just worried about how graphic the footage might be?

Jen
    Veve it's definitely worth watching :-) I got to watch it to review it for bh and it's amazing!

There aren't any graphic birth scenes so it should be okay :-) and the other scenes aren't too graphic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where did you download it from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only watched the first 20 mins that are on the website, and I want to watch all of it now!!

Made me think that next time I have a baby, I'm going to be a lot more informed and try natural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted it to be a little less one sided. It completely focused on home birth and told mostly horror stories about doctors and hospitals but their not all bad. I had a great experience in hospital twice. The midwives listened to me and I was never told or forced in any way. I live too far from a hospital for home birth and would never risk my child in that way but in a city or birthing centre with midwives and close hospitals then I think it's ok. The movie was to me more of a recruiting video to get people to back the need for government support for all the different ways or places people want to give birth and their right we should be able to choose and not loose out because of our life choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I downloaded it from the face of birth website was only Luke $15. U can buy the DVD but I think that was 30 maybe
    What's lft to say about hospy though? We all know about it, we know about hospy and birth centre what we don't know is about Hb.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It was really interesting and whilst it is supposed to be about birth choices it's focus is definitely on HB in Australia (and the fact this is not an option here unlike in NZ or UK).

I had a few tears when it talked about what Aboriginal women in remote areas had to do when they were due to give birth, talk about lack of support The two Aboriginal birth attendants were amazing. In 50 years of attending births they had never had a breech birth, what are they doing differently????

In low risk pregnancies, if a woman wants an HB it just makes sense to me. I was told time and time again to labour at home for as long as possible because most women labour better in their own environment. The logical extension to this is to actually birth at home with a MW. The longest 30 mins of my life was the drive to the hospital (would you believe a traffic jam whilst contractions were coming thick and fast - I had visions of giving birth by the side of the road).

It so nice to hear such lovely birth stories, we simply don't hear enough and I think it contributes so much to the fear of birth when for most instances, there really isn't anything to be afraid of.