+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after m/c!!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and got some good news today that I am bursting to share with someone. My husband is out of town with work and dont feel right telling anyone until I tell him first.

A bit of background, My husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant for over four years. I had my first M/C in October 2012 i was just short of 7 weeks.
    My second M/C happened in July 2011, not sure how far along I was, we thing I was just short of 6 weeks.

I have extremely irractic periods which are strongly affected by stress.

The first time around hubby and I were cautiously excited, we just wanted to see the heartbeat before we let ourselves get too excited. Unfortunately that didnt happen.

The second time around the sypmtoms were sooooo strong, I let myself think that this time round was the one! I let myself get too attached i guess you would say. SO when I M/C again i was shattered.

So given that my period is often irratic i quite often take pregnancy tests. I took one this afternoon totally expecting the see one line, so much so that i barely looked at it, and there were two lines!!!

Now I am split, i am trying not to get too excited ( I think if I have another M/C it will crush me) but I dont want to dwell on what 'might' happen and not enjoy every part of being pregnant. I must admit that I am very scared.

Anyways, im sorry to bore you all. I just had to tell someone! So i thought i would just tell a whole lots of annonomous "someones". Fingers crossed my little splodge will attach itself nice and tight and hangs on for dear life.

Good luck to all of you out there TTC, my thoughts and best wishes are with you all. It can be a long and tough road.

Take care everyone!!

Cindy

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations and best of luck, I really hope this one is sticky for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

Cluff1282  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats! I can imagine how hard it must be to have your partner away when you've got such big news, hopefully he's back soon.

Fingers crossed that this one is sticky and you have a very boring and uneventful pregnancy!

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

Cluff1282  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations. Fx you've got a sticky one this time

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Cluff1282  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard isn't to be excited? I finally came to the decision that I was celebrating the baby. I started to think that EVERY baby - no matter how long they are here for deserves to be celebrated. So I tempered my early excitment with that thought.

This helped me - it might help you.

I hope you everything goes well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MinkyJ For This Useful Post:

Cluff1282  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks girls!

Thanks for all of your well wishes girls!!!

I bought one of those clearblue tests that tell you how far along you are. Its says 3+ weeks. So very early days.

Trying to figure out how I will tell hubby (he will be home tomorrow night). Any ideas? lol. I bought a Congratulations card and was thinking of writing something nice and putting the positive test inside.

Totally different symptoms again this time. Cramping on and off which got me a bit worried but I have been reading that that is supposed to be normal. Fingers crossed.

Cindy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump! Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluff1282 View Post
    Thanks for all of your well wishes girls!!!

I bought one of those clearblue tests that tell you how far along you are. Its says 3+ weeks. So very early days.

Trying to figure out how I will tell hubby (he will be home tomorrow night). Any ideas? lol. I bought a Congratulations card and was thinking of writing something nice and putting the positive test inside.

Totally different symptoms again this time. Cramping on and off which got me a bit worried but I have been reading that that is supposed to be normal. Fingers crossed.

Cindy
    The digital tests tell you how many weeks from conception, not your last period. Dr would say you are 2 weeks further along, so you would be 5+ weeks.

Maybe you could hang a baby on board sign around your neck when you see him lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering about that! lol. I would have thought I would have to be around the 5 weeks mark.
    I had a quick read of the instructions for the test which did say that it was from conception.

Thanks for confirming for me!!

I ended up writing a nice little poem I found online in the congratualtions card and have enclosed the positive test as well. I will give it to him when he gets home then maybe we will go out for dinner.

We didnt really celebrate or do much the last time round. But like MinkyJ said, each baby should be celebrated and I think we could both really do with a night at a nice restaurant.

I have this feeling that I just need to make it past these next couple of weeks and everything will be fine. Positive thinking!! lol