+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had what we think was a gallstone attack about 12 hours after giving birth to DD. It was hell. I'd had rib pain on my right side since about 30wks but it migrated to shoulder/upper back/chest pain a couple of times. I went to hospital with it at about 36wks but they thought it was a muscular issue. Then the attack I had after labour was quite severe - the pain was unbearable (upper back/shoulder/chest again) and the only thing that gave some relief was lying on the floor. They kept putting me on the bed and I kept lying on the floor lol! I was on heart monitors and all kinds of pain killers until about 6 hours after the attack started they gave me a shot of morphine and I finally passed out. The pain was so bad I couldn't open my eyes and I now have a very patchy memory of what happened that night. It was awful.

11 months on and I finally got around to having a scan this week! No gallstones, so it looks like I passed a stone. That's the current theory. I only got it checked because we're about to TTC #2 and I wanted to avoid having another attack!

It's good that you're checking it now, if it's really bad and it is in fact gallstones, they might be able to do something about it now before you end up with an attack like what I had. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I hope you feel better soon!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey OP how did the ultrasound go? Hope you got some answers an pain relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi all... no relief yet... though it does seem to flare up more At night... was doing well until today... after the ultrasound it started hurting a lot! they wouldn't tell me anything after the scan (which im not surprised by) so hoping the results will be at my gps by tomorrow and will have more answers after that... fingers crossed its nothing but I will keep you all posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How'd you go today? Did you get your results back? Hope the doctor can give you something so you can get relief from the pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi all, ultrasound results came back as normal... no idea what is causing the pain... been to rest and take panadol as/if needed... guess im just have to tough it out for the next 10 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you been to a physio? If it is actually muscle or nerve or something mechanical, a physio might give you some relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm right there with you guys :-(
    I can't drive anymore either because the pain is too intense when I sit up in that position. At work it's awful to, sitting in a chair at a desk all day.

It's just horrific and I feel terrible that someone else is suffering with me.

Labour is going to be a breeze after this....

(33 weeks)