+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default gallbladder problems during pregnancy???

has anyone had this before? and if so what were your symptoms that made you head to the doctors... I have been having pain on my right side only (originally I thought it was my ribs moving because bubz was getting bigger) but it only got worse... and now is beginning to be very very uncomfortable and painful. I have an ultrasound booked for Monday to have my gallbladder looked at... but im wanting to hear others experiences about this... so please share away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had trouble when pg with dd. started around 30 wks and was diagnosed by ultrasound.
    Managed to keep attacks under control until 36 wks when was admitted for a few days and they were thinking of inducing me.
    But luckily they decided not to and I ended having a spontaneous labour at 40 + 3.
    Had my gall bladder removed when dd was 6 wks old.
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my gallbladder removed when I was 24weeks pregnant with my 3rd!!!

I had a constant back ache from the start of my pregnancy. Early hours of the morning for 2 months straight I'd wake with this feeling like my back was out really bad and my ribs would throb with it. Things finally turned worse and I was crippled over in pain, vomiting and couldn't breathe. I was rushed to hospital and my gallbladder was removed two days later.

Worst pain/feeling ever, I really hope yours isn't your gallbladder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an ultrasound booked for Monday morning... and I wish I could have gotten in earlier than that... but that was the soonest available they had.... it is getting worse and worse... it hurts to wear a bra so when im at home im not... and the skin bellow my right breast (near the ribs) is so sore an sensitive that even the running water from a shower hurts it.... i found to begin with that if i lay down i could get some relief from the pain... but now it doesn't seem to help at all... the pain is intensifying and spreading around to my back too... not just at the front like it has been... i don't want to take anything for the pain as i don't like taking pills and medication when pregnant... but i am now getting to the point that i feel like bursting into tears because it hurts so much and what i have been doing for relief hasn't been working... is there anything that i can take that might help relieve the pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask if the skin feels numb? It hurts to touch but the skin feels like you have pins and needles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstykilleen View Post
    Can I ask if the skin feels numb? It hurts to touch but the skin feels like you have pins and needles?
    yes that is exactly what it feels like! very very sensitive. why do you ask?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I''m not having many problems yet but we'll see how we go, I actually knew I had gallstones before pregnancy, they were discovered when I was about 20 when I had an ultrasound for something else, its kind of hereditary for the women in our family as well as being what we eat even though none of us are overweight or anything. I was told theres lots of little stones and they will have to be removed one day only if they give me symptoms that seem very persistent. I have problems with them sometimes but not persistent enough to get the surgery yet (my choice).

No change so far and I'm 24 weeks, maybe when I'm further along it will be problematic but we'll have to see how it is. Follow the advice of your docs and try not to eat much high in fat or very acidic if you can help it because that makes it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have exactly the same thing since about 29wks I am 38wks now! I get a rash every now an again an the pain is unbearable I was in the hospital 4 different times with it an yes it has brought me to tears on many occasions, like you they thought it was gallbladder an I had an u/s but was all clear thank god... they gave me panadeine an said they think it is a mixture of nerve an muscle friction as your uterus moves up an settles under your ribs trust me if it's what I have the pain will only get worse! They also said there is not much that can be done other than to take it easy! The only thing that works for me is cold packs lying on my side whilst holding the skin firmly (this stops the tingly feeling) and keeping it uncovered where possible! I had the same bra issues too it's hell but for me hopefully it is almost over... Sorry I don't have better news I would love to say it goes away

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmm... now im really anxious to get the ultrasound to see what it is... the pain is getting worse and worse... and I was hoping that it would start clearing up soon... I have a house to pack up and move next week... I don't think that it is going to be fun at all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah you poor thing no that wont be fun I just did the shopping an I'm in bed with my cold pack in pain! Try not to worry as stress seems to bring mine on more too! I hope you get something sorted an good luck with the u/s

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kirstykilleen For This Useful Post:

Emi  (05-07-2012)