+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TMI bulging swollen bits

I was doing some 'gardening' shall we say (it is what it is) using a mirror because the bump is in the way and I notice there is a massive bulge pushing out my v.agina. There was also a lot of mucus and stuff up the sides and it was quite a mess. I've been down there with a mirror at this stage with both my previous pregnancies and never saw such a bulge. I don't know what it is.

A quick google scared me as the word 'prolapse' came up around images that slightly resembled what I'm seeing. It can't be the head or waters or anything but could they be pushing other things down and that's what I'm seeing?

Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was swollen, but no bulge. I'd be heading to the Dr I think. Hope it's nothing major.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I was swollen, but no bulge. I'd be heading to the Dr I think. Hope it's nothing major.
    I agree. Could Possibly be a swollen vein, I remember my Mum saying she had that with me, best get It checked though to make sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend of mine had a prolapsed bladder and was in constant pain, but I don't think that is always the case. I think a trip to the GP is in order!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like a prolapse.
    Stand up with your leg on the toilet or a stool and use a mirror to check. It can look like a "cherry" or a bulge.

If it is a prolapse don't panic or worry. It's very common and most are easily treated with doing your pelvic floor muscle exercises.

But I would also go to the doctor. See what he/she says.