+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently bought some mineral makeup and the woman selling it to me went on and on about how you don't know it's on. I can still feel it. It's lighter but I definitely know it is on. My skin feels dirty with makeup...any makeup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only for very special occasions, so maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Can't be bothered. My skins not great but I don't have to look at me so I don't care.

Work is lucky if I brush my hair...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I had no confidence but decided to stop wearing it whwn my oldest asked me why I wore it everyday for and I couldn't answer her with any answer that I was happy with. So I stopped wearing it and some days I had to force myself to leave the house and I still have the odd day where I put it on because I just feel so hideous (adult acne) but mostly I don't even think about it any more. When we go on holidays I don't even pack it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope. Last time I wore makeup was my wedding day

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wear make up with sunscreen in it so I pretty much put it on nearly every time i leave the house. I usually wear a bit of blush and mascara too or I feel I look a bit washed out with just foundation. To work or going out to see friends I'll generally also add eyeliner and/or lipstick.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Haha - sounds like a lady from work. She didn't even know what the 'orange runny stuff' was called
    at least I know what it is and what it does!! Although my knowledge a few yrs ago was patchy at best

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only if I'm seeing DH.

I'm the most useless woman ever, I only make an effort to attract the one I already have. If I'm going out without DH, I don't give a damn.
    I put my hair in rough plaits, no makeup, dimple piercings stay as plain balls. I'll only bother brushing my teeth, that's it.

But when I'm seeing DH, I do full face makeup, brush my hair, curl my bangs, change my piercings to the amethyst ended ones and wear my nicest clothes.

I know he sees me every morning and every night without makeup, and loves me exactly the same whether I'm all dolled up or not....but it matters to me. I like looking nice for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep it's part of my daily routine. I get up just after dd2 early morning feed so 5/5.30am and shower/Dress/make up/hair for the day. That way I'm ready for whatever happens

My daily uniform is a denim skirt/shorts/jeans with a pretty shirt +\- cardi. I then pop an apron over for dealing with the babies. This way when I have to leave I can just ditch the apron. I do take it further and colour coordinate my accessories.

Daily make up includes sunscreen, powder foundation, eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow if it's matches my accessories. I straighten my fringe daily and fix my hair so it's presentable.

Whole process takes 20-30min and it keeps me going on days that absolutely suck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love makeup, and seriously have tons of it, but don't wear it often. Expecially when I'm exercising. If I know I'll be somewhere I will be photographed then I wear some. If DP and I are going on a date, or I am going somewhere for a special occasion I do myself up.
    I used to wear alot, but that's because I needed to because of the line of work I was in(beauty), when I go back i'll go back to wearing makeup, but even then it is usually just a good tinted moisturiser, tinted stains for cheeks and lips and mascara. I prefer the natural/subtle look over dramatic - unless the occasion calls for it, but I feel uncomfortable if I am caked in makeup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeup is bliss.
    I'll go without it for a few days, pop it on, and feel like a new woman.

If I just want to duck out, I love putting on bright red lippy, find it makes everything sort of stand out. When I wear it daily, it sort of becomes habitual :/ the effect of feeling like a million dollars goes out the window.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glover For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (05-07-2012)