+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeshw View Post
    Hi, thank you for your input. Yes it is great to just go along to playgroups, and probably easier, bit if I wanted an easy life I wouldn't have had kids! I take my daughter to 3 playgroups a week, I work and I study at university, my age doesn't hold me back in the slightest. There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet some like minds, have a bit of a chat, make some new friends and that is what the group is all about! Perhaps if you hadn't jumped to the conclusion we are limiting ourselves out of fear of mingling with "older mums" you would find we are just as lovely, friendly and outgoing. And perhaps already a member of your local playgroup
    Thanks for that, I realised after I wrote it that it was probably abit too pushy, or imposing. I'd like to meet mums who have are like-minded also. Although in my personal experience with going to Young Parents playgroups, alot of the time it was extremely limiting for me. I was 18 and didn't have alot of support.
    I did find that my mindset was different, and that is what led me to the decision to not attend anymore.
    I found that the Youth centre where they ran the young parent's group was fantastic at helping, the staff were just gold.
    I joined a "Young Parent's Project" which aims at widening awarenesses for medical staff, during their training.
    I just wish that someone would have told me at that time, when I was attending "Young Mums groups" that my age wouldn't have limited me in any way at all. Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just the kind of person that doesn't like any kind of prejudice at all.
    I would like someone to judge me after they have met me.

Anyways! How are you going with your uni studies? I am currently studying via Distance Ed. What do you do for work? You sound like you are a manic mommy.
    There are so many podcasts available through the mobile app named "stitcher" or "tune in radio" they have tonnes of podcasts that are specifically for mums who work or study, or anything in between, SAHM. You name it.
    I'd like to head out to a playgroup sometime, though I find it a challenge to leave the house at all most days.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    The group sounds like it's a great idea.
    Please let me know how it is all going, I'm curious above all else.
    I am really interested in playgroups, and find it fascinating when some of them have problems, or issues that need to be worked out.
    It's a different perspective that sometimes does work against me, but yeah, I like to try to find solutions to problems. Finding ways to make activities better for kids. I know staying at home does limit me, and actually is alittle isolating, but I try my hardest to make sure that my kids are mentally occupied in blocks of hours. So it's not always just going to waste. I'm rambling again, please tell me to stop, I'm suppose to be organising my routine. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shan91 I had my first boy in December too in Campbelltown and am the same age!! I've been looking to find people in the area I can go to the shops with or have play dates with!