+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default another xmas day edd....or not?

If you were a young child, say, primary school aged, would you prefer a birthday before or after Christmas Day?
    I have 4 different EDD's (blood tests, scans, ob and my own guess) of 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th of December and have been given the choice of repeat c-section or VBAC. The c-section would be booked approx 20th December.
    I'd really like to wait and go into labour naturally, if i can but i am also thinking of when bub's is older and how a birthday after xmas could possibly not be as exciting as everyone is over celebrating, broke and just wants to play with their new stuff or go on holidays lol
    I realise this poor bub's probably wont be having birthday parties with school friends either
    A birthday before xmas everyone is so excited and in the spirit to celebrate anything lol...

If i leave it and let bub's come when it's ready then the decision will be made for me but because i have the choice i'm wondering......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see where you are coming from with the before thing, but then, people are extra busy before Christmas.

Most people seem to have nothing to do after Christmas (in my experience anyhow) and are more likely to attend other functions (then before).

I would think after. IF you had the choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a dd a few days before Christmas it has never been a issues. she still parties with her school friend we just do them the first or second week of school holidays. I give out invite before school ends.

I have friend that is the first week on Jan and she has issue with inviting kids to parties,

In all honesty do what you feel is right for you bub health wise. The birthday isn't that big of a deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im born on the 22nd and i would say before. You can have his/her birthday party a week or two before as everyone always seemed to go away on holiday after christmas (they staye in town for the big day to be with family etc).

Its not the best time to have a birthday but mum and dad always kept any talk of christmas very hush hush so I felt special